KawaJedi

Wannabie Member
Sep 12, 2011
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2002 Yamaha R6
So...
I think I may have mentioned that my Tina a 12 year old Kawasaki came to me with all the original parts. I took this to mean the plastics and frame had never been damaged or that the bike had never been dropped or smashed.
Not true as I was to discover her first night home. when they say original they mean original. Apart from a pair of new Mich's front and back the rest of the bike was as off the factory floor. This included the 12 year old fuel pipes.
So here's the situation. I got her Wednesday night, went to the gas station and filled her up, went to my cousin's house to show off and then to my daughters work to pick her up and bring her home on my pride and joy. I put the bike in her specially cleared out parking space in the garage and came to bed. On the video I posted on youtube, BrianWest commented that I probably ducked out every 15 minutes to go look at her, I wish I had. The next morning I got into the garage and found a lake of petrol around my baby, Her main fuel line, 12 years old and perished had torn and sprung a leek. 6h15am and here I am kitted out for work, stripping the bike to try and save the petrol/gas.

This I felt was a blessing in disguise, cause now I could make a tutorial video on replacing the gas line. I went to the store after work got new piping and came home eager to create my first tutorial video. So I grabbed my HD camera set it up the garage, took my MD80 put it on my glasses to get a POV shot and my daughters handy cam at yet another angle so that I could cut and edit between the different views.
An hour forty five minutes later the bike is together again and running smoothly no leeks and shiny as before. So I plonked myself down in front of the PC to start cutting and editing what was (in my mind at least ) going to be an awesome instructional and somewhat comical look at bike repair. YEAH RIGHT.
I got all the angles WRONG. The HD camera had 90 minutes of footage of my sneakers, the MD80 was angled too high and only shot the wall, the handy cam's tripod wasn't tightened properly and recorded my butt crack the whole time....

So needless to say I have not bothered uploading any of that and deleted the whole shebang. You guys with your tutorials have suddenly gotten a lot more respect from me. Not only do you know what you are doing when you fix your bike, but you dont film your butt while doing it. thanks for that....

See you on the tube.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Nice story :p

At least your fuel line didn't go when you were out, and it happened while you were at home.

BrianWest58

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Terre Haute, Indiana
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST1050, KX250 and various other instruments of two wheeled death.
Crap! Sounds like I jinxed the whole thing! Sorry to hear about your troubles.
As mentioned, good thing you weren't out and away when the fuel line gave out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts