King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Hi,

The third video I've made for 'LandyVlad Rides'
It's not technically a vlog as I don't have a helmet microphone yet so let's call it a DASHCAM style video.

Well I put some more effort into editing this time, took quite a while but I'm learning things as I go.

Feedback welcome.

I had a few dramas - having spent ages designing an end screen only to find that I can't put a link in unless/until I join the 'YT Partner Program' whatever that might be.

Cheers :)

Feel free to like, share, subscribe, or make me a toasted sandwich... :biggrin:

Reactions: City Bob

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Entertaining! You get turds everywhere in the world... Be careful out there man!

Loved the Lego cop that made me chuckle!

Reactions: LandyVlad

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Yup, turds everywhere.

My suggestion would be to zoom in on the video, is that 1440?, filling in the black bars on the side. Keep the bottom with the guages even as they are but cut off the superfluoius sky portion which we aren't seeing any action and you don't ant your viewer's attention floating off to the clouds, skyscrapers, or planes passing by.

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Thanks mate. Zooming isn't really an option on here. Most of it was recorded on a GoPro Hero 2 so 1080p at best.

I'll certainly keep that in mind for the future though, thanks. I'll have to work out how to zoom on DaVinci Resolve :)

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Thanks mate. Zooming isn't really an option on here. Most of it was recorded on a GoPro Hero 2 so 1080p at best.

I'll certainly keep that in mind for the future though, thanks. I'll have to work out how to zoom on DaVinci Resolve :)

In Resolve select the clip, better to do before cutting it up if you want to be uniform, go to the inspector panel and you will see Zoom, Position, Rotation and a few other option. You will see an X and a Y axis. It should Zoom uniformly when you click on the X number and drag to the right to make it bigger and to the left to make it smaller. The Position setting works in a similar way, but your X movement to the right will move it to the right, and vice versa. The Y will move it up and down inside the frame.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Are you not able to orientate the phone so it records landscape?

Reactions: motosera

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
AH cool thank you.
Does the same method work to help change the orientation (obviously losing a lot of the image) to make a landscape video out of a vertical video recorded on mobile?

It will work but as you said, you will ose a great deal of image and you will end up zooming in so far you will lose resolution.

As HippoDrone mentions above about orienting the phone right from the start as landscape is the better option rather than zooming in on a bit of footage.

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Are you not able to orientate the phone so it records landscape?

This is for existing footage I have already recorded. I know better for the future.

you will end up zooming in so far you will lose resolution

AH yes I didn't consider that and its already not flash resolutiuojn wise I don't think.
I might as well give it a go though just for experiments sake. :)

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
This is for existing footage I have already recorded. I know better for the future.

AH yes I didn't consider that and its already not flash resolutiuojn wise I don't think.
I might as well give it a go though just for experiments sake. :)

Younger viewers are more acustomed to that look so that helps a bit. Another option is try using that footage as an instagram story ir IGTV post to tackle another social media outlet.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts