Feedback Needed Trying to make a decent intro sequence - Multi-bike

WaltInPA

Wannabie Member
Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
www.waltinpa.com
I ride a
2018 Honda CB650F
I like the music and the back and forth between the bikes.
The end seems a little out of place though - it comes on suddenly and your Logo / Tagline is only on the screen for a second.

It might be worth trying to fade it in slower over a period of 2-3 seconds then holding the logo for another 2-3 seconds before the end.

Thats my input, for whatever it's worth.

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
I like the music and the back and forth between the bikes.
The end seems a little out of place though - it comes on suddenly and your Logo / Tagline is only on the screen for a second.

It might be worth trying to fade it in slower over a period of 2-3 seconds then holding the logo for another 2-3 seconds before the end.

Thats my input, for whatever it's worth.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Its saved as a lightworks sequence so I can add it as an editable file to the start of any full video and the idea is the logo and music would crossfade into whatever the video is.

Reactions: WaltInPA

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I def agree that it fades away too quickly, it'd maybe be better to finish the clip at the point where the bike rides to the horizon maybe too? If you were planning on putting this at the start or end of each vid, you might want to get it under 10 seconds as well, which might save on the music being too repetitive! :)

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
I def agree that it fades away too quickly, it'd maybe be better to finish the clip at the point where the bike rides to the horizon maybe too? If you were planning on putting this at the start or end of each vid, you might want to get it under 10 seconds as well, which might save on the music being too repetitive! :)

Thanks! I'm convinced it needs some more work... I'll have a play around with it.

Thanks guys!

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Fun intro for sure.

If the music fits the tone/brand of your channel, that's all I'd look for there (hard to evaluate in isolation).

The cuts/edits seem appealing yet could see you play around there, too. Something like the first view being just one bike, then the other one pops into the scene, you both look at each other, then one races off, and then both bikes in a scenic shot as your logo goes in-between and it fades to your content. Just a random idea, lots of room to play, obviously.

Lastly, my intro is 20 seconds, which runs just a bit hotter than I wanted (10-15 seconds was original goal). You're at 17 seconds, which I think is sustainable, yet may be worth noodling on 10-15 seconds if pumping out regular content (2x/week or more). Not a hard rule, yet seems more the trend these days to keep intros short (even 5-10 seconds).

Reactions: motosera

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
I think it's a bit too slow for the pace of the music. Way quicker cuts and bit of distortion would add a lot in my opinion

Reactions: motosera

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
That is much better IMO, I'd still try and get it under 10 seconds though to keep it snappy. Remember, folk who sub will have to watch that clip every video, so if it got annoying it could put folk off. There is a channel I follow who I generally skip through the first1-2 mins of every video as I find their intro really annoying. I am in no way saying I find yours that way, just using their intro as an example of what it can do to a videos view time and audience retention! :)

Papa Jefe

Excuse me? It's "Harley Bro," not "Harley Guy."
Feb 7, 2020
Alabama, US
I ride a
2019 Harley-Davidson Softail FXBB Street Bob
I like the revised intro. It's only a couple seconds shorter than the original, but feels much shorter and more cohesive. Definitely dig that the logo/tagline stay on screen longer at the end.

It'd be great if you could find a way to cut the music and have it sound deliberate rather than fading out, but that's a tall order - I know all too well, I've struggled with little nit-picky details like that myself.

All in all the current version is snappy, memorable, and eye-catching without dragging too long. Good work.

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
I like the revised intro. It's only a couple seconds shorter than the original, but feels much shorter and more cohesive. Definitely dig that the logo/tagline stay on screen longer at the end.

It'd be great if you could find a way to cut the music and have it sound deliberate rather than fading out, but that's a tall order - I know all too well, I've struggled with little nit-picky details like that myself.

All in all the current version is snappy, memorable, and eye-catching without dragging too long. Good work.

Thanks for the feedback! My girlfriend is a professional musician and she has promised me some original music for my intro/outro and as background stuff for videos. That means I should be able to replace the current music with something not only just the right length but also timed perfectly to the video! Hopefully this weekend....!

That 2nd one is much better though personally I'd get rid of the jittery-ness of it. Just my $0.02

Thanks for the feedback!

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
The revised intro is a step in the right direction. I personally think that intros should be short, preferably max of 9 seconds. I will scrub through intros if they are long and be ready to start scrubbing on the rest of the video because it is often a sign that the creator will meander, and have a ton of dead air in their vlog. Unless I'm watching simply to see the route the person is riding. If you start on that first beat, you can shave off a second. I know that sounds minuscule, but it can often give an immediate punch to start on the beat.

I also think that being ambiguous or using a passive voice in copy is not the best choice. I'm referring to "One Girls Biking Adventures". I do a lot of copy writing and my suggestion would be to own it, make it posessive like the following "This Girl's Biking Adventures" or "This Woman's Biking Adventures".

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
The revised intro is a step in the right direction. I personally think that intros should be short, preferably max of 9 seconds. I will scrub through intros if they are long and be ready to start scrubbing on the rest of the video because it is often a sign that the creator will meander, and have a ton of dead air in their vlog. Unless I'm watching simply to see the route the person is riding. If you start on that first beat, you can shave off a second. I know that sounds minuscule, but it can often give an immediate punch to start on the beat.

I also think that being ambiguous or using a passive voice in copy is not the best choice. I'm referring to "One Girls Biking Adventures". I do a lot of copy writing and my suggestion would be to own it, make it posessive like the following "This Girl's Biking Adventures" or "This Woman's Biking Adventures".

Invaluable advice, thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HippoDrone Members Vlogs 6

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts