Trusting Your Sub Count?

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I'm suspicious of my sub count, is it really that accurate?
Quite a few reasons but the YT gremlins work 24 hrs a day (they're busy little critters) but I see a little pattern, mostly overnight Sunday to Monday morning I often see one or two additions after the odd one dropping off Sunday arvo ... the weekly adjustment.

I'm not complaining about it - one step back two forward sort of thing, and if people do unsubscribe I'm just as happy as when someone subscribes, If someone is subbed and not watching I'd much rather they buggered off, no one wants wasted space, YouTube want traffic on your channel either from subscribers or none subs. They don't want dead meat. Also my stats have my views coming from 92% not subscribed which suggests I'm being pushed by search engines I suppose. I've got a couple of recent uploads that are going well and the increased traffic is going to get the clickers hitting the red button I would hope, but it's only about one in five subscribers that actually have a name pop up in my notifications suggesting 80% of YouTuber users don't show the channels they sub to. Or the figures are fudged? Would this be accurate? I don't know. When I get do get a subscriber name appear I check out their channels to see who else they sub to and mostly I can see they have an interest in motorbikes but sometimes they appear a little random.

Initially I thought it would be so YT could artifically increase the sub count to a 1000 (not there yet) to be able to advertise on your channel on a successful video but I just noticed they changed their T&C's and can do that anyway! I watched a video on a channel this morning with adverts yet the channel had 870 subscribers ... YT doing that, sort of disappoints me as I want to be able to make the decision to monetize or not because I don't necessarily want my viewers to be subjected to adverts. It made me realise people are probably getting adverts on my two most successful uploads anyway so when I get there (1000) I may as well monetize so at least I get a share.

Reactions: YBGuy

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
On thoe note of sub count, I'm pretty sure my sub count is balls dead accurate! LoL. I think you just have a popular channel and people are subbing, be proud of that. : )

I agree with that I want to choose which videos get monetized when that day comes. There is another thread where we talk about almost the same points you bring up here, you should check it out: https://motovlog.com/threads/change...rvice-as-of-11-18-20.19788/page-2#post-174003

I have noticed on one of my videos I already get ads run on it from time to time and I only have 50 subs! I'm guessing because the video kind of broke out and has over 1,000 views. But no cut for me, YouTube gets to take the whole thing at this point. Doh.

Reactions: Riderguide
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tomstc General Discussion 2

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts