Changes to YouTubes Terms of Service as of 11-18-20

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
My 17 year old son showed me a trick that does not involve adblocker.

When the video opens quickly scroll forward just past each ad mark in succession then scroll back to the beginning and no ads should play as breaks in the video.
It's funny I have tried this and on some videos it works and some it doesn't.

Reactions: R-Rated

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
Haha, maybe that's why I don't get views - I'm almost always smokin' a stogie in my vids.

I don't point it out, or highlight it, or suggest anyone else do it. It's just there, 'cause that's who I am.

-John
Yeah, it seems unfair, but at the end of the day YouTube is a website owned by a company with a TOS, that favors their advertisers. So if they are anti-Tabacco the algorithm may penalize us at the end of the day. Doh!

Reactions: Drakhen99

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
I know it not a popular opinion - but I hate adds and the obsesion to monitizen channels , I think YT was a better place when people did it for the love of doing it and not as a job . I have an add blocker and I suport channels by purchasing merch and giving patreon . I move my patreon cash around every now and then to support new channels .
True, but they (YouTube) need to pay the bills somehow. : )

Drakhen99

L Plate Member
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Yeah, it seems unfair, but at the end of the day YouTube is a website owned by a company with a TOS, that favors their advertisers. So if they are anti-Tabacco the algorithm may penalize us at the end of the day. Doh!
I will say that since my Bagger Showdown video was posted, my views are up many hundreds of percents. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I've seen at least a doubling of views, along with almost 10 new subs in the last week or 2.

I'm not gonna change who I am - that's against the point of my channel anyway. If it never pans out, oh well.

-John

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lupin General Discussion 10