Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
I think most of you know about the Top Posters reward on Motovlog.com. The reason we have that is for a couple of reasons

1: To help members gain more exposure to their YouTube channel
2: To help keep motovlog ticking over. Let's face it, it works ;)

This has been tested over a few months and it's worked well. Two months ago I decided to reward the winning member by showing one of their videos in the sidebar. I have seen videos jump from -100 views to nearly 1000 views according to YouTube within a couple of weeks or so! That's a decent reward right? I'd like to think so!

Some of the feedback is that it's the could be the same people who will win it. I get that can be frustrating and we have two options to resolve it

1: Ignore it and tell people to just post more
2: Change the way the top posters works

I have chosen the second option!

To break it up a bit I will void the Top Posters reward for special events, maybe ;) Things like competitions etc. You're more than welcome to post in the feedback section if you have an idea

Anyway. The new way of sharing the Top Posters love is

The top FIVE posters at the end of the month will be randomly chosen. I will use this website to pick the winner. How I will do it is get the website to choose any random number between 1-6! The reason I will do 6 numbers rather than 5 is because the actual top poster will have TWO entries which will be number 1 and then number 6...I think that's a system that's a bit fairer to those who take part!

The winner will be chosen on the 1st of each month! I will update this thread every month to choose!

So going forwards, you have just as much chance to get your video on every page as long as you're one of the top posters....

The winners video will also be promoted and every member on this forum will be alerted when they log into the site.

Sound fair?

Last edited:

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
How often does that leader board update anyway?

OlliePrice

The Friends of Ollie
Sep 16, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800
Sounds fair, I still think you should bypass anyone who had won it the month before, and does anyone know where O8Ride has posted his challenge thread?

Reactions: ride512

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
Awww shucks, Dan, thanks very much. The site does seem to be getting much busier and with quality contributions.

Reactions: dandoolittle

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Sounds fair, I still think you should bypass anyone who had won it the month before, and does anyone know where O8Ride has posted his challenge thread?

I'll think about it but I'm not feelng it. If someone's posted and then won a random number for two months, well, they deserve lol

OlliePrice

The Friends of Ollie
Sep 16, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800
I'll think about it but I'm not feelng it. If someone's posted and then won a random number for two months, well, they deserve lol
Well I understand, as you wouldn't want people who had won not to interact the following month!

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Well I understand, as you wouldn't want people who had won not to interact the following month!

Well it's not really thats, members change every few months but I don't like the idea of excluding people.

Dunno, I'll have a think in the new year

Reactions: OlliePrice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts