Toma Rider, Broadcasting From Japan!

Toma Rider

Hailing from Japan
Jun 7, 2017
Miyazaki Japan
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 400R
Hey everyone, Toma Rider here

I'm a US expat living and motovlogging in southern Japan! I've been posting content about Japan, Japanese, my job, and the area I live in for a little under a month. Hoping to share any information to people interested in Japan or foreign languages in general!

My youtube channel is named "Toma Rider" for anyone interested! Here's a picture of my beautiful 400R!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: Abay and HippoDrone

Toma Rider

Hailing from Japan
Jun 7, 2017
Miyazaki Japan
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 400R
Welcome to the club! How long gave you been riding?
  • Ive been riding for a little over 2 years! Got my 400cc bike last month, so I spent almost 2 years on a 1994 250cc Kawasaki Balius. I believe it's a Japan exclusive. It was a good bike, but it died on me :(

Abay

Wannabie Member
Mar 13, 2017
I ride a
Yamaha MT-25, Yamaha "Vixion" FZ 150
Hi! Interesting stuff, just subbed to your channel :) I heard there actually arent a lot of motorcyclist in japan, or are there?

Reactions: Toma Rider

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Hi! Interesting stuff, just subbed to your channel :) I heard there actually arent a lot of motorcyclist in japan, or are there?
On the contrary, I think there are quite a lot of them, but their approach is more like the Americans, less of a primary mode of transport, and more of a hobby. Not like they need their own transport, haha, the Tokyo metro system is light years ahead of any country/city in the world.

Recently I went to the 2017 Tokyo Motorcycle Show at the Big Sight and the crowd was huge and I saw large convoys of riders in amazing flashy and tricked out bikes around.

I think Japanese riders are also more polite than most other places too, awesome people. A bit hard to talk to them if you don't speak Japanese though.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I've only heard great things about Japans Motorcycling culture and community, do you meet up with other riders often?

Toma Rider

Hailing from Japan
Jun 7, 2017
Miyazaki Japan
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 400R
On the contrary, I think there are quite a lot of them, but their approach is more like the Americans, less of a primary mode of transport, and more of a hobby. Not like they need their own transport, haha, the Tokyo metro system is light years ahead of any country/city in the world.

Recently I went to the 2017 Tokyo Motorcycle Show at the Big Sight and the crowd was huge and I saw large convoys of riders in amazing flashy and tricked out bikes around.

I think Japanese riders are also more polite than most other places too, awesome people. A bit hard to talk to them if you don't speak Japanese though.
You're right on the money! It's mostly a weekend hobby around here. Most people just use public transport, car, or bicycle depending on location. Yeah you probably saw some "yankee" riders at that show! (they call rebellious kind of people yankees here lol).

They are super polite on a whole! I talk about this in my "top 5 things about riding in japan"

Toma Rider

Hailing from Japan
Jun 7, 2017
Miyazaki Japan
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 400R
I've only heard great things about Japans Motorcycling culture and community, do you meet up with other riders often?
Yup! motorcycles are loved by many here. Especially because Japan is the home of suzuki, yamaha, kawasaki, and honda. I actually tend to just ride solo or on occasion with a Japanese friend. There's always groups of riders out, but I honestly don't know anyone in a group personally so I don't know how I could join!

Toma Rider

Hailing from Japan
Jun 7, 2017
Miyazaki Japan
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 400R
Haha, not really. There's one being put on sale on a local selling app, here in Singapore. 2014 Special Edition model.
Correct, I recently learned the 400s are popular in Singapore too due to license rules. It's just too bad they cost 4-5x as much where you are compared to Japan :(

Toma Rider

Hailing from Japan
Jun 7, 2017
Miyazaki Japan
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 400R
Thanks so much! It's rainy season right now so I'm having trouble making videos, but I'll be back up and running when the weather clears :) There are actually many riders in Japan, of all kinds! I also see many older men (60+) still sticking with 1000cc super sports or hayabusas/zx14s. Guess there isn't much of a stereotype with bikes over here

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts