Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hi, your thumbnail hasn't uploaded correctly, and if you wish to get a critique on your intro, please just upload the intro, not a full video. You can either do so by putting it on YouTube as an unlisted video and sharing that here, or, if it is just a 15sec clip, which is the max an intro should be (preferably under 10s) then you could also just upload it directly onto the forum in this post

MotoWolfUK

L Plate Member
Mar 4, 2023
Hampshire, UK
linktr.ee
I ride a
Wife
Hi, your thumbnail hasn't uploaded correctly, and if you wish to get a critique on your intro, please just upload the intro, not a full video. You can either do so by putting it on YouTube as an unlisted video and sharing that here, or, if it is just a 15sec clip, which is the max an intro should be (preferably under 10s) then you could also just upload it directly onto the forum in this post
I see, thank you. I’ll try the Thumbnail - I’m trying to for something simple but also able to stand out enough

C2BE1445-8CBD-406A-BFE1-A175946751B2.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
[JustSayin] If you also upload full image, it'll save me having to edit every photo people upload [/JustSayin] :D
(I've edited the photo to show correctly).

Thumbnail looks ok, although, I'd possibly use a colour photo, especially on a review, as people would probably want to see clearly what the helmet looks like.

I've heard it is good to show your face in thumbnails, so that box is ticked.

Maybe add outline to the writing to make it pop more???

Reactions: R-Rated

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It is also looking like you are getting close to being this months top poster... keep it up mate! :cool:

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
The text (on the left) actually has an outline, just I don't think the background and foreground colors work that well together.
When I zoom out so the image is almost thumbnail small, the text does not grab my eye. Maybe experiment with the colors a bit? If green is your channel color, you might want to modify the brightness of the background instead.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Is there a way to make the helmet more noticeable in the pic the the thumbnail since that is the topic of the video?

Also, seems the white font is overpowering the green but the green writing is placed closer to where the potential viewers eye might fall when just glancing at the thumbnail.

MotoWolfUK

L Plate Member
Mar 4, 2023
Hampshire, UK
linktr.ee
I ride a
Wife
Is there a way to make the helmet more noticeable in the pic the the thumbnail since that is the topic of the video?

Also, seems the white font is overpowering the green but the green writing is placed closer to where the potential viewers eye might fall when just glancing at the thumbnail.
Ahh yes, some good points - the thumbnail came from a snap from the video - I should probably just take a separate photo next time. Thanks for the input

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Good shout - have no clue how to highlight them though, so that’s something I’ll have to learn to do next
I use Gimp for my thumbnails, so what I like to do to highlight something is to draw a line around it, grow it by 20 pixels or so, then fill it in with a contrasting color, and then shrink back down and delete the middle. That puts a nice, thick line around the object.

-John

MotoWolfUK

L Plate Member
Mar 4, 2023
Hampshire, UK
linktr.ee
I ride a
Wife
I use Gimp for my thumbnails, so what I like to do to highlight something is to draw a line around it, grow it by 20 pixels or so, then fill it in with a contrasting color, and then shrink back down and delete the middle. That puts a nice, thick line around the object.

-John
I see - I’ve been making the thumbnails on my phone so I really should stop being lazy and download Gimp on my PC - thanks

Reactions: Drakhen99

AlanSmith7

Wannabie Member
Aug 17, 2020
I ride a
Suzuki Hayabusa
Harley Davidson Dyna Fatbob
I like the thumbnail you mentioned but I preferred to do some in dark share use dark colors or black and white. Put your picture in the top right corner write the text on the left side and do some creativity. Best of luck with the videos and channel.

MotoWolfUK

L Plate Member
Mar 4, 2023
Hampshire, UK
linktr.ee
I ride a
Wife
I like the thumbnail you mentioned but I preferred to do some in dark share use dark colors or black and white. Put your picture in the top right corner write the text on the left side and do some creativity. Best of luck with the videos and channel.
Thank you - it’ll be launching soon and I have a few vids scheduled ready, it’s getting exciting now but have a few boring ones to start it because I wanted to get them out the way first ‍♂️

Reactions: AlanSmith7

AlanSmith7

Wannabie Member
Aug 17, 2020
I ride a
Suzuki Hayabusa
Harley Davidson Dyna Fatbob
Thank you - it’ll be launching soon and I have a few vids scheduled ready, it’s getting exciting now but have a few boring ones to start it because I wanted to get them out the way first ‍♂️
It's a good approach. Make sure to upload the best videos on weekends and also upload shorts daily. Also, using hashtags helps your videos to rank and use the best keywords. Good Luck:)

Reactions: Drakhen99
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CalmBiker General Discussion 4