Thinking about the GoPro Sesssion

Code4Moto

Wannabie Member
Mar 24, 2018
I ride a
2007 Ninja 650
So ive been looking around, and watching videos learning peoples set ups. I have a sharper image camera that resembles a GoPro that was given to me. This camera did not come with alot of mounting options. Its a decent camera and has pretty decent footage for what it is.

While trying to figure out if GoPro Mounts would work for this model of camera i came across a GoPro session with the basic package for 148 on Amazon. I think it is a great idea but havent quiet convinced my self to spend the money yet. If i did buy the camera I would be Using the other for a tank camera just for more footage options.

If any one has experience with mounting the Sharper Image camera or has advice, I would appreciate your input.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
If you want to attach an external microphone I don't think you can with the original GoPro Hero Session. The Hero 5 Session you can, but you'd need the mic adapter which is roughly $50 on top of the cost of the camera. The battery life is also not great so you would also need to mount a power bank too!

Code4Moto

Wannabie Member
Mar 24, 2018
I ride a
2007 Ninja 650
If you want to attach an external microphone I don't think you can with the original GoPro Hero Session. The Hero 5 Session you can, but you'd need the mic adapter which is roughly $50 on top of the cost of the camera. The battery life is also not great so you would also need to mount a power bank too!

Thanks for the input I am planning on using a stand alone microphone for quality reasons so the microphone is not an issue. The battery life is a bit concerning but a power bank is an option. But for that price worth it or nah?

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
But for that price worth it or nah?

I'd buy a Session on the spot if it wasn't for the pricy mic adapter. I'd rather not faff with both a camera and audio recorder when touring so it's out because of that.

Code4Moto

Wannabie Member
Mar 24, 2018
I ride a
2007 Ninja 650
I'd buy a Session on the spot if it wasn't for the pricy mic adapter. I'd rather not faff with both a camera and audio recorder when touring so it's out because of that.

The editing for me isnt really and issue. If thats the only reason you say no a decent recorder with a camera is a normal production set up (for what im used to). How long do you average on recording.

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
How long do you average on recording.

About an hour for regular vlogs, which is what I used to do. This year I want to do more long distance riding and for that I need to be able to fire up and record on the fly. Going for rides only because I need a vid that week isn't what I'm looking to do.

Code4Moto

Wannabie Member
Mar 24, 2018
I ride a
2007 Ninja 650
About an hour for regular vlogs, which is what I used to do. This year I want to do more long distance riding and for that I need to be able to fire up and record on the fly. Going for rides only because I need a vid that week isn't what I'm looking to do.

Thanks for the input its much appreciated. The platform im setting up is more the hour riding due to limitations on time I may just take the leap and see how it works. The mounting options seem endless

RuckinScot

Scooter vlogger
Mar 28, 2018
Okinawa, Japan
I ride a
Honda Ruckus
I have an older original session I use as a secondary camera. The battery life on them is pretty good. Better than the regular GoPro I think. The problem is you can’t swap out batteries. So a power bank is definfely a must. I like having a removable battery so I can keep spares. I do like the ease and simplicity of it though.

Reactions: Code4Moto

Percy

Wannabie Member
Oct 14, 2018
I ride a
2018 Sportster Iron 1200
Not sure if you ever went with the Session but I'll throw in here that I ride with 2 Session 5's. I actually replaced my Hero 4 Silver with the second session a few weeks ago. It's a great setup and I now have more consistent color grading since I have 2 cameras with the same sensor and firmware.

The Session is much more convenient for me and power has not been a problem. I just use the one-touch button when I want to record then again when I don't need footage. It also makes for a cleaner mount on the helmet.

D-Cycle

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2019
I ride a
2018 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide
I use the Hero 5 Session and a separate audio recorder, just for the fact that the adapter is a PITA as it is clunky and I've lost videos trying to use it (audio didn't record). I use the Zoom H1 and just sync the video and audio in Premiere. Way better results!

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I use the Hero 5 Session and a separate audio recorder, just for the fact that the adapter is a PITA as it is clunky and I've lost videos trying to use it (audio didn't record). I use the Zoom H1 and just sync the video and audio in Premiere. Way better results!
It is a PITA having the mic adaptor for sure. There is a fix to sort the audio not recording which is quite simple if you did want to give it a go... I have made a vid showing how on my channel, the fix vid shows on my channel front page (4th "most popular" video iirc).

D-Cycle

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2019
I ride a
2018 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide
It is a PITA having the mic adaptor for sure. There is a fix to sort the audio not recording which is quite simple if you did want to give it a go... I have made a vid showing how on my channel, the fix vid shows on my channel front page (4th "most popular" video iirc).
I got rid of the adapter a year ago, unfortunately. Thanks for the info, though!

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts