Not open for further replies.

dogchain65

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
thorpe audlin uk
www.youtube.com
I ride a
malaguti x3m
dose any one have any of there old theory disks they dont use if so can i have them please i will pay for them if you want me too and postage as well thought pay pal or if u are close i can pick them up :D

IRDUG

Wannabie Member
Jan 5, 2012
Newport - South Wales
I ride a
Honda CBR 125RW
If you have an android/iphone, Just download the motorcycle theory app, Costs about free up to £2 and it far more practical, Can practice on the go!

Yarek

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
I ride a
Street Triple 'R' - 2010 Matt Orange
I had the IPhone theory app and an application on the PC also that my instructor referred me to. The IPhone one was great as it tended away from questions you'd answered correctly the previous time. No need to spend loads as these have all the questions you should ever need;)

senthx

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
Bedfordshire
I ride a
BMW 650 Sertao, Honda XR 250, Suzuki VanVan
The theory disks did my nut in. I was teaching my wife. I got 99% on the theory bit, some gubbins about parking I got wrong, the hazard perception test I got wrong over and over again.

Apparantley, snow on a roundabout, as filmed from a car, is not considered a hazard on the bike hazard perception test for example.
Spotting a cyclist in the distance on a hill on a sixty, was too early, I had to wait until we were nearly on him.
Pedestrians that I have seen step between two parked buses, and disappear from view as the scene shows slow moving town traffic does not count, etc

So, learned how to pass the perception test, rather than learn how to perceive hazards. Oh well.

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
http://www.theory-test.co.uk/asp/daily_ ... t_bike.asp
Its a good site. I thought you had to sign up, but that may have changed now (it seems to work without me logging in) and there are a LOT of ads but you can do tests on there for free and there are plenty of questions which are all on the actual test which you can review and see what you got wrong etc

It is the only thing I used for my theory, and I past first time. I can dig out the site I used for hazard perception if you'd like? It helped me loads because I wasnt sure of the definition of a hazard before using it. Do you click when you see an oncoming bus in your lane in the distance? No. Do you click when a person is nearing a zebra crossing? No... It takes a while to get used to what they are asking from you. Well it did for me

Yarek

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
I ride a
senthx said:
The theory disks did my nut in. I was teaching my wife. I got 99% on the theory bit, some gubbins about parking I got wrong, the hazard perception test I got wrong over and over again.

Apparantley, snow on a roundabout, as filmed from a car, is not considered a hazard on the bike hazard perception test for example.
Spotting a cyclist in the distance on a hill on a sixty, was too early, I had to wait until we were nearly on him.
Pedestrians that I have seen step between two parked buses, and disappear from view as the scene shows slow moving town traffic does not count, etc

So, learned how to pass the perception test, rather than learn how to perceive hazards. Oh well.

This is so true - actually on my test there was one where I was supposedly riding along a country road and in my opinion there were two hazards I needed to be aware of - sheep running loose with no fence between them and the road and the broken down vehicle on the next corner. I failed that one because I saw the broken down vehicle way too early - what a joke. If they're going to have automated hazard tests like that, they should have an examiner review your input afterwards to gauge your thought process.

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
The thing to remember with the hazard perception (which I didn't get at first) is that you need to click when you first spot a hazard and then again each time to hazard changes. I wasn't sure why I was not doing well on the theory first until I realised this, then all was fine.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
On the Hazard & Perception don't click too early, you may see the hazard 400m ahead of you but the computer whats you to realise the problem when the problem is about to occur.

When I see the Hazard I counted to 3 fairly sharpish & then clicked I got something like 70, Theory I can't help you with, I finished my multi choice questions with like 10minutes to go so I checked them (as you do) but the last 3 questions I thought I got them wrong so I did Ip, Dip, Doo on them.

Also go with your instinc & first answer because when you come back around to it and start to double check you start to put doubt in your mind wether they meant something else when really the question is pretty straight forward.

Let us know how it goes,

Good Luck

Yarek

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
I ride a
I think the key with the hazard perception test (and the mistake I was making) was identifying the hazard at the point where it caused you to take alternative action. Seeing something 0.5km away makes you aware, but it's not until you're 0.1km away that you're likely to take action (well, at normal legal road speeds anyhow). I was clicking at 0.5km away because it was a hazard I had to be aware of, not because it was something I needed to do anything about at that point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts