Thank you for 'My Safe Space'

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
So a couple of things, I like it here, MotoVlog is like a safe space, a Headquarters where we can come and get constructive feedback. My own Channel - (and yours) is also safe, as I (and you) control it and what is said on it. That's why we do it, we make our content, and mostly it's not heart breaking if it doesn't work or gets no thumbage - we're doing something that involves motorbiking, involves our hobby. However, if we venture further in to the internet we discover keyboard warriors, I have had a sniff this week at Reddit for the first time proper, some of which is ace, a great place to dip our toe. But use it wisely - because hell there's some poisonous bastards too. Some bloke in London - poor lad fighting off two scumbags on another bike whilst they're trying to literally rob him of his bike at a set of traffic lights at knife point! I jokingly say "shame you didn't have a gun on your hip - worlds gotta love a crim that brings a knife to a gunfight" (I loved The Untouchables) - now it's not that I really meant that would solve the issue if the whole of the UK suddenly had guns!? Well I was bombarded with a whole load of responses that shot down my gun theory. Just totally argumentative bollocks from far and wide. Never known so much hatred from one throwaway bit of fun and a line from a movie! Dickheads. Safe back here amongst my mates. Anyone selling an AK47?
Have a great weekend folks and safe ride if you get out. Oh and for some unknown reason I've had 300 views today. WTF? Maybe some of my mates from 'Reddit' wanted a nosey.
Neil :D

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've not seen, but do you have your qualifications listed on your channel to show you know what you are saying? :)

Reactions: Riderguide

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I've never seen the appeal of Reddit. Some topics are interesting to read, but some threads and discussions are pretty toxic. I've had my share of argumentative forum before (from numerous topics), and I might be wrong, but there's no filter on who can read and reply. I think.

- Wolf

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
I don't like a Reddit in general. I've found it to just be a selection of all the weirdest people put in one place. As for the gun thing joking or not, I don't thing it's safe to ride without one.

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
Haha. We live the same bike life but in differing worlds mate
Yeah, I might just live in a worse area. Where I live though is no where near some of the places I end up in on my bike. When I hop on my bike I aim to get lost. Sometimes that takes me places that you would never choose to be in.

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Yeah, I might just live in a worse area. Where I live though is no where near some of the places I end up in on my bike. When I hop on my bike I aim to get lost. Sometimes that takes me places that you would never choose to be in.
As long as you have access to fuel/gas you're good to go. Love that concept. Aim to ride 'til getting lost ...... awesome!!!!

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Word! A lot of subreddits are full of people who "can't do" so they're out there shitting on anybody else who actually "can".

I've found r/motorcycles to be ok, but the official discord channel is full of some legit douchebags who are gonna abuse their mod powers. For no fucking reason.

Also, there's a huge hate for motovlogers for some reason. I don't get why. Especially given how you and me and everyone around here are pretty much doing it for free. And even if you monetize your vids, the viewer still has free to consume media. They can choose to not give a shit about your stuff, but apparently spewing out hatred is a better decision for them. Oh well

• Love

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Word! A lot of subreddits are full of people who "can't do" so they're out there shitting on anybody else who actually "can".

I've found r/motorcycles to be ok, but the official discord channel is full of some legit douchebags who are gonna abuse their mod powers. For no fucking reason.

Also, there's a huge hate for motovlogers for some reason. I don't get why. Especially given how you and me and everyone around here are pretty much doing it for free. And even if you monetize your vids, the viewer still has free to consume media. They can choose to not give a shit about your stuff, but apparently spewing out hatred is a better decision for them. Oh well
Absolutely nailed it. Yeh. I keep going back for a laugh at some of the things put on. There’s the odd comment I can pick out to add ‘value’ to but not much. There’s a lot of temporary residents of planet earth riding around and they congregate on Reddit :D

• Love
Reactions: RiderInRed

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Absolutely nailed it. Yeh. I keep going back for a laugh at some of the things put on. There’s the odd comment I can pick out to add ‘value’ to but not much. There’s a lot of temporary residents of planet earth riding around and they congregate on Reddit :D
Seriously though, I am soooo astonished by how vile it tends to get there. It got me so surprised I'm still back here trying to get to convince me that not all the riders are such terrible people on a basic human level.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO