Terrible crash - maxwrist and 2wheeljesus

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Many will know of the recent crash the other day between maxwrist and 2wheeljesus
(most of us who have seen these guys videos probably have pretty firm ideas on what they think of heir riding styles, I know I do, but none of us wish injury to any other rider I'm sure).

YouTuber and fireman 'dandanthefireman' (a paramedic) has done a video which is long but worth watching.

He discusses: mechanisms of injury (specifically the various types of brain injury), accident scene triage, what to do if you come across a serious accident, the importance of first aid training, and gear.

The key message on the gear front is - even if you have the 'best' protective gear there are so many variables in a collision or other accident that the gear will not be enough to save you.

Remember - The BEST accident mitigation device you have is your brain - the decisions you make and how you choose to ride in any given circumstances.

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
Papa Jefe went through worse.

Yeah, I know I should care more but if you know Eugene and know his channel you'll know why I don't care. He' s probably happy he crashed so he can milk it for the next 6 years.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Gear is important indeed, but not the ultimate saver.
But better to spend money on gear than on accessories for sure.

Airbag, maybe one day. Still not sure about that, seems to have first gen errors sometimes.

whingnut

Squidbilly
Jul 29, 2016
Virginia beach VA
I ride a
2008 KLR 650 modified for TAT
hope they both recover and learn from their experience.

x2 on using your head and think / ride within your ability

X2 on dandanthefiremans's video

having basic cpr, triage and first aid training are very useful tools to have. I keep a IFAK kit in my saddle bag, and in my truck/car. i also try to keep a combat wound kit in the truck as well (old habit). i once worked at a command where they kept kits in everything (trucks, 15tons, buses, tractors and boats) and you got flame sprayed if you didnt keep up with it.

But those bags are useless unless you know how to use them and keep them / you up to date. if you ride you will end up being the first on the scene for an accident at least once. the best thing you can learn to do is learn what not to do or you may make things worse from ignorance.

alot of firstaid classes are free some are not. right now basic firstaid and triage is taught where i work. but some companies will send folks to school for it because it helps them meet safety requirements and if you volunteer you can have them send you to school (paid) and get the training that way. if you where so inclined.

Reactions: LandyVlad

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
A good riders does what they can to minimise the risk to themselves and to others. That doesn't mean you have to ride like a granny everywhere, and it also doesn't mean you wont crash either through someone elses fault or your own.

There are however some actions which dramatically increase the risk and severity - and if you chose to do that, then you are more likely to have a bad accident, and ultimately come off worse.

Riding a motorcycle in itself carries massively more risk than riding in a car for example, but we have chosen to take that risk. We all ride a little too fast at times, and again choose to take that risk.

Personally I'm one for minimising the risks that you have control over as far as reasonable given the circumstances at the time - this is ultimately what defensive riding means. There is a time and place for silliness, a big one is not riding faster than the road conditions (including forward visibility) allow and also trying to second guess cagers.

However I also take many risks that I could easily avoid - such as I tend to wear all black on a black bike - useless for visibility. But I have chosen to do that.

At the end of the day, shit happens. You can do what you can to minimise it, but if you spend your life worrying about things then you would never leave the house.

As for first aid - I always carry a kit under my seat and I know my basics. Would I panic in a similar situation, probably, I don't know.

Reactions: TBRD and LandyVlad

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I saw Dan's video on it and this seemed like a very bad accident. Then I took a look at this Maxwrist guy's channel (I'd never heard of him before) and I was stunned at his riding style and crew, I mean DAMN. I think I'm far too cautious and defensive of a rider to even understand riders like this.

I hope they both recover and heal up from this, but I also hope they start riding a bit more responsibly too. Not only for their own sake but for others on the roads too.

Reactions: TBRD and motosera

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Riding a motorcycle in itself carries massively more risk than riding in a car for example, but we have chosen to take that risk.

Not entirely true ;)
I have had my motorcycle license for more than 3 years before i got my carlicense.
As a result i felt way too safe in the car and took way to much risk. Still do sometimes.

I managed to toon down that a bit, enough to get my license, but certain corners i still risk more in the car then i will do on the bike, due to that false sense of safety ;)

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Not entirely true ;)
I have had my motorcycle license for more than 3 years before i got my carlicense.
As a result i felt way too safe in the car and took way to much risk. Still do sometimes.

I managed to toon down that a bit, enough to get my license, but certain corners i still risk more in the car then i will do on the bike, due to that false sense of safety ;)

I'm speaking statistically and on average.

You are 12 times more likely to die on a bike than in a car. Its as simple as that.

Similarly bikers are approx 20 times more likely to be involved in an accident in the first place.

As such, by extension being a biker carries more risk, its very simple.

Even if you take more risks in a car, and do get in a crash, you are less likely to be injured/killed.

YMMV

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
I saw Dan's video on it and this seemed like a very bad accident. Then I took a look at this Maxwrist guy's channel (I'd never heard of him before) and I was stunned at his riding style and crew, I mean DAMN. I think I'm far too cautious and defensive of a rider to even understand riders like this.

I hope they both recover and heal up from this, but I also hope they start riding a bit more responsibly too. Not only for their own sake but for others on the roads too.

Its not the first time him or one of his buddies have had a bad wreck through either running out of talent or any other reason.

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
I took a look at this Maxwrist guy's channel (I'd never heard of him before) and I was stunned at his riding style and crew, I mean DAMN. I think I'm far too cautious and defensive of a rider to even understand riders like this.

Yeah they have way too many falls and ride dumb.
The problem is that they do NOT seem to learn from their (many) mistakes.
2wheeljesus had a big off about 6 months ago as well I think.

I briefly rode with a group that was supposedly also aimed at helping new riders - some stupidity amongst the experienced guys but the way it was run overall wasn't great I don't; think - and there were more falls than their ought to have been for sure, I stopped riding with them pretty soon.

Reactions: Fool Moon

sfbayrider

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2020
I ride a
2017 Yamaha FZ-10
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
I hate "rydahs" that ride like these dimwits. they also ride in my neck of the woods, and I do not feel safe sharing the same twisties with these idiots. if I ever found one of them crashed I'd feel very tempted to break their neck and say I found them like that.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
no need for that on here mate no matter what you think of that type of rider thanks.

sfbayrider

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2020
I ride a
2017 Yamaha FZ-10
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
no need for that on here mate no matter what you think of that type of rider thanks.
thought this forum and this thread specifically was for expressing one's opinion? if that's not the case, I don't get the point. If that is the case, sorry you don't like my opinion - that won't change it.

the world would be better off without murderous douchebags.

Reactions: GHOSTNINJA

sfbayrider

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2020
I ride a
2017 Yamaha FZ-10
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

I unsub'ed from Dan after his video / stream of gathering $ for these twits. Enable them to go out again and put countless number of people on the road at risk of dying from their stupidity? no thanks. lost ALL respect for him after that stunt. he should have known better IMHO.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Teh Purp

Friendly Neighbourhood Idiot
Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
SFV650, NC700x, anything im given
thought this forum and this thread specifically was for expressing one's opinion? if that's not the case, I don't get the point. If that is the case, sorry you don't like my opinion - that won't change it.

I mean you call them murderous..... Yet in your previous post you said ud break the neck of an injured person.... Isn't that murder? Doesn't that mean YOU are in fact wanting to be murderous?

I think it's less the opinion and more the way this opinion is expressed.

Reactions: HippoDrone

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
North Cheshire/South Manchester
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
I hate "rydahs" that ride like these dimwits. they also ride in my neck of the woods, and I do not feel safe sharing the same twisties with these idiots. if I ever found one of them crashed I'd feel very tempted to break their neck and say I found them like that.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, the underlined bit is unnecessary.
Some thoughts are best kept to yourself.

sfbayrider

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2020
I ride a
2017 Yamaha FZ-10
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
I mean you call them murderous..... Yet in your previous post you said ud break the neck of an injured person.... Isn't that murder? Doesn't that mean YOU are in fact wanting to be murderous?

I think it's less the opinion and more the way this opinion is expressed.

nope: I said I'd feel tempted to, not that I will.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts