Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Is tough getting the balance right between work/vlog/freetime/etc. as for cameras, I think Spicy110 got it bang on, there currently isn't the right action camera available for motovloggers/action sport enthusiasts. They are all pandering to the instagram brigade, and TBH, mobile phones can do a better job in that field. I don't quite see the logic in going for the GoPro Hero 6 Black over the newer cameras, the 6 was really a 5.5 and the 7 is really what the 6 should have been. The Hero 5 Session is the perfect motovlogging camera if you can run it on a powerbank and cope with the need for the mic adaptor. GoPro, bring back the Session, but with the 8's colour and stabilisation and with the ability to charge it while recording again!

Reactions: LandyVlad

TheAbGarag

Wannabe YouTuber
Jul 17, 2020
Indiana
I ride a
2018 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic
Is tough getting the balance right between work/vlog/freetime/etc. as for cameras, I think Spicy110 got it bang on, there currently isn't the right action camera available for motovloggers/action sport enthusiasts. They are all pandering to the instagram brigade, and TBH, mobile phones can do a better job in that field. I don't quite see the logic in going for the GoPro Hero 6 Black over the newer cameras, the 6 was really a 5.5 and the 7 is really what the 6 should have been. The Hero 5 Session is the perfect motovlogging camera if you can run it on a powerbank and cope with the need for the mic adaptor. GoPro, bring back the Session, but with the 8's colour and stabilisation and with the ability to charge it while recording again!

quick question not trying hijack this thread but how would you charge the session with the mic adapter plugged in? Don’t they both use the usbc plug in on the side? I have a session and was just curious about it

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
quick question not trying hijack this thread but how would you charge the session with the mic adapter plugged in? Don’t they both use the usbc plug in on the side? I have a session and was just curious about it
The mic adapter has a USB-C port in it too, so as long as you don't give it too much current from your battery bank, it will run all day... but annoyingly, my mic adaptors eventually burnt out from the heat going through them I think whilst charging and recording. Lasted over a year of hard use on and offroad in wet and dry though.

• Love
Reactions: TheAbGarag

TheAbGarag

Wannabe YouTuber
Jul 17, 2020
Indiana
I ride a
2018 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic
The mic adapter has a USB-C port in it too, so as long as you don't give it too much current from your battery bank, it will run all day... but annoyingly, my mic adaptors eventually burnt out from the heat going through them I think whilst charging and recording. Lasted over a year of hard use on and offroad in wet and dry though.

i just checked mine and you’re right it does I never paid attention before thank you good sir

• Love

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Is tough getting the balance right between work/vlog/freetime/etc. as for cameras, I think Spicy110 got it bang on, there currently isn't the right action camera available for motovloggers/action sport enthusiasts.

Yupe, sadly have to agree on that a 100%.

, but with the 8's colour and stabilisation and with the ability to charge it while recording again!
I honestly don't understand why cameras can't do that anymore.
I'm somewhat afraid that they stopped doing it just to make sure they will sell as many batteries as possible.

I do think that the company that brings that back will have a great market on their camera, so probably more profit?

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I think rather than having a camera that can be charging while recording It would be better to have a camera that can quickly be turned on and off while riding. Continuous recording will just fill up an SD card with footage, but where only 10-20% of it might be used. On long trips I try to pick my battles and record places and areas that I think will look amazing. This allows me to save both battery time and memory on my SD cards. But turning on and off my helmet, windshield or handle bars cam is difficult and cumbersome while riding. GoPro, Drift, or any action cam needs to make one that’s designed to be turned on while the user is on the go.

-Wolf

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I tend to stop to turn the cameras on/off if I have multiple cameras running, much safer! :)

Reactions: Meifesto

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I think rather than having a camera that can be charging while recording It would be better to have a camera that can quickly be turned on and off while riding. Continuous recording will just fill up an SD card with footage, but where only 10-20% of it might be used. On long trips I try to pick my battles and record places and areas that I think will look amazing. This allows me to save both battery time and memory on my SD cards. But turning on and off my helmet, windshield or handle bars cam is difficult and cumbersome while riding. GoPro, Drift, or any action cam needs to make one that’s designed to be turned on while the user is on the go.

-Wolf

Old Drifts had a remote, which i loved.

Just record everything, stop recording when something happened what you want to keep and start recording again. A form of pre-editing.
I tend to record every single ride, because you never know what might happen, and having proof of someone else f-ing you up is worth its weight in SD cards ;)

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
I honestly don't understand why cameras can't do that anymore.
I'm somewhat afraid that they stopped doing it just to make sure they will sell as many batteries as possible.

I'd lay money you are correct on that assumption.

I'm really happy with the Git2.
Has remote, mic input and battery lasts ages.

Any downsides?

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I have the Drift remote, but it was never easy to use while riding. However, I should give it a go one more time. I think there was a drawback because I don’t think it could turn the camera fully on or off, but just start and stop the recording.

Hope I’m wrong.

-Wolf

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I have the Drift remote, but it was never easy to use while riding. However, I should give it a go one more time. I think there was a drawback because I don’t think it could turn the camera fully on or off, but just start and stop the recording.

Hope I’m wrong.

-Wolf

No, you are correct, was just to start and stop recording. Battery life when not recording did last a bit longer ;)
I had it velcro-ed to my brakefluidpot on the steer. Worked great, easy reachable etc.
But they weren't waterproof, left them on the steer once or twice overnight meant certain death.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts