Taking pictures of our Bike

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Never thought about this; good thread though as it's these nuances that I love discussing. It's part of the "1% better" sort of mentality that adds up over time.

My profile pic has my bike showing on its kickstand side, which just seemed to naturally fit the standing position I wanted to take behind it. The bike goes low-to-high and I can rest my hands easily on the tank.

So like any guiding principles; there's context that needs to go with it as some other replies have mentioned.

TBRD

Throttle Back Rubber Down
Jul 9, 2020
I ride a
2020 BMW S1000XR
I have never heard this or really given it much thought until reading this thread. Now that I think about it, I feel like my favorite bike pics are from the "non" kickstand side. I would agree it is related to angle and ultimately that could be solved with some creative photography but probably just easier to shoot the "right" side. :D

Reactions: HippoDrone

Titter

Wannabie Member
Aug 14, 2020
I ride a
Multistrada 1200 and Street Triple 675R
After reading this thread I decided to look at the pictures I have of my bikes. Haven't reached a conclusion on whether it looks better photographed from the right side, left side, front or back, but have noticed I have more pictures of my bikes than I have of my kids :D
My favourite bike pictures are these two particularly the one taken at the Commando Memorial at Lochaber. My father was a Commando during WW2

nice view.JPG

P1020219.JPG

scootrlary

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2020
I ride a
honda
...................................but have noticed I have more pictures of my bikes than I have of my kids.

Bikes generally bring more pleasure than pain. :cool:

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts