Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
It's here and it's starting!!!!!! Sunny Bear 2017!!!

The rules

1. Ride safe! Do not put yourself in danger.

2. The SBC will run from 00:00 7th August until 23:59 17th September. Times are BST (GMT+1).

3. You should only put up one video on any day, and each challenge should, where possible, be undertaken on a different day. Post your video on your YouTube channel and post a link to it on this thread.

4. The challenges should be undertaken in order. You can skip one challenge and move on to the next one, and complete the skipped challenge at the end.

5. You must ride a motorcycle or scooter (trikes and quads OK) and have posted at least one previous YouTube video riding and vlogging.

6. Once you complete your challenge, park your bike nearby (only when and where it is safe to do so) and run, or walk around your bike 3 times while chanting loudly “Sunny Bear”, “Sunny Bear”, “Sunny Bear”. Bonus points if you get third parties to join you.

7. Each vlog must be at least 3 minutes long. Try not to make them too long either!

8. Bonus points can be awarded for particularly interesting, quirky, funny vlogs.

9. The winner of the SBC will be the one with the most points by October 3rd

10. You must add link back to this thread in the BIO of your video

11, The judges are @HippoDrone @Lurch @dandoolittle and yourselves - If you think someone isn't playing ball, let us know. At least one of us will also "like" your submission post (on the forum, not YT) once we have watched it so you know it has been counted. Judges may submit videos, but will not be eligible for prizes.

12: New members may post in the thread. If you get blocked adding links by our moderation checks, please post the YouTube URL with spaces. We will edit the post for you. To post your submission in this instance, just post the bit after youtube.com/, eg: /watch?v=v2C1pQzj3Kw and a mod will turn it in to an embedded video for you.

For chat and queries about the competition, please post in this thread: https://motovlog.com/threads/sunny-bear-challenge-chat-discussion-and-queries.10925/

The Prizes

1st Prize - £100 Cash Prize
2nd Prize - £50 Cash Prize
3rd Prize - Two months sidebar video (September & October)

The Challenges

Shoutout - Announce the competition and the forum

U-Turn - Do a U-Turn and some slow riding on your bike, show your skills, add in a story about a slow riding fail, preferably your own

Nearby - Show us something awesome near to where you are

Nod - Go for a ride and see how many nods you can get on camera. Waves, "guns", etc. count too as long as it's clear both parties acknowledged each other.

Yellow - find something yellow and some interesting facts about whatever it is

Be Safe - your tips for staying safe on a bike

Eat - Find a biker cafe or bike night, get some food and review the food and the place

Accessories - show us your top 5 accessories for you and/or your bike

Route - tell us about a route near you, and why it's good, needs to be more than about the bends for extra points.

Last edited:

SM26

Supermoto isn't just a bike, it's a way of life
Oct 29, 2015
Israel
I ride a
Husqvarna 701SM 2018
YESSSS!!!!

I'm gonna starts this weekend!
good luck to everyone

Personal tip:
do a playlist at your YT channel, It will help everyone (judges, your subscribers, yourself) to keep track and will order up all of your SBC videos.

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Assuming a wave counts on the nod challenge?

Looking forward to give the challenge another crack. Topics seems reasonable.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
Aa long as we can see you and the other bike acknowledge each other it will count.

I'll add that above.

Abay

Wannabie Member
Mar 13, 2017
I ride a
Yamaha MT-25, Yamaha "Vixion" FZ 150
Questions, good sir..

1. Rule number 6. Do we do that in every challange, therefore at the end of every video, or only at the video after we completed all the challanges?
2. How does the points system works?

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
Rule number 6 translates as make an ass of yourself every time.

Points system is arbitrary and relative. Those who do the most are going to get more points, but if you've done one more than someone else, but their content was more humourous or they thought outside the box, they could score higher than you.

Basically, don't take it too seriously, have fun and think laterally!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Am looking forward to all your entries guys and gals :)

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Time to find someone in a polite vest and explain how much of a twat he is :D:D

edit - sorry but not sorry if you wear a polite notice vest lol/.

Luckily that has not caught here in the US. However, I do have some well mannered underwear I save for formal occasions. ;)

Reactions: 2WV

SM26

Supermoto isn't just a bike, it's a way of life
Oct 29, 2015
Israel
I ride a
Husqvarna 701SM 2018
Assuming a wave counts on the nod challenge?

Looking forward to give the challenge another crack. Topics seems reasonable.
just found this online, I don't know who this guy is...but I'm gonna find out and ask him to join the SBC!

Reactions: 2WV and Abay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts