Statistics - what are your percentages of watches/views between subscribers V non subscribers

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I'm trying to work out the pro's and con's of my stats - my views are only 6.4% from subscribers, 93.6% from non subs!!! As far as the algorithm goes that can't be good can it? :rolleyes: If only I could turn a few of them views in to subs!

What sort of percentages are you lot seeing?

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
It seems I have 62% of non subscriber views, for the past month. Overall it is a great month, because I have more than 1 view per subscriber :p Usually it falls just below it.

Reactions: Riderguide

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
obviously it depends on how many views your videos are getting, but having a large % of non subscribers watch is great... it means your tags are working and that YouTube is putting your video out there!

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
I'm 75% non subs lifetime, but that is skewed by a couple vids that did well with search terms. Most of my vlogs are only 35-40% non subs (or less)

If you are doing reviews or how-to type vids, I would expect a much higher non-sub rate than doing pure vlogs..

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I'm currently sitting at 88% not subscribed, 12% subscribed.

That's up from 95% unsubscribed to 5% subbed.

I'm not sure what to make of it other than my subs are actually watching my recent videos. My AVD has gone up on vlogs too, which is nice.

-John

Skipshift

Perpetual Rookie
Aug 23, 2021
Arkansas, USA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 gsxr 600
I believe I'm still in the 96% non-sub range.
I wonder if the trend is leaning toward more people just watching and not subbing. I have quite a few returning viewers, more than the subs I have, so I think the algorithm is doing it's thing by putting our videos in front of people that watch them, but people just aren't subbing.
I'm guilty of watching a lot of channels that I don't sub to. Youtube flashes their videos in front of me either way, so I don't think about it really.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Lifetime my channel has 83% not subbed, last 28 days is 81% and last vid is 52% weirdly the video prior to my last has just 20% of the views coming from non subscribers.

I have quite a lot of videos that have titles/descriptions that include things people are searching YouTube for, those tend to get higher percentages of non subscriber views, but often get less viewer retention. My latest vid is less searchable, so 50% of viewers were subscribers, which in turn meant it has a higher viewer retention at just over 70%. Analytics are great, but it is worth looking at them as a whole rather than individual stats to get a better picture of what they mean! :)

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Lifetime my channel has 83% not subbed, last 28 days is 81% and last vid is 52% weirdly the video prior to my last has just 20% of the views coming from non subscribers.

I have quite a lot of videos that have titles/descriptions that include things people are searching YouTube for, those tend to get higher percentages of non subscriber views, but often get less viewer retention. My latest vid is less searchable, so 50% of viewers were subscribers, which in turn meant it has a higher viewer retention at just over 70%. Analytics are great, but it is worth looking at them as a whole rather than individual stats to get a better picture of what they mean! :)
It's good to try learn from them but difficult (I find) to get results from trying to adjust to improve the stats. In and amongst creating finding time to look at and improve stats is quite a task. Hope you're doing okay Pete. Rest up!

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I'm trying to work out the pro's and con's of my stats - my views are only 6.4% from subscribers, 93.6% from non subs!!!
For smaller channels that seems to be more towards the norm.
Some of the bigger channels even barely hit 10%+ in that regard.

But it is highly subject dependend.
Bike reviews is more non subs.
Maintance is more non subs
Big events is more non sub

Normal vlogs / daily life stuff is more subs ;)

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
For smaller channels that seems to be more towards the norm.
Some of the bigger channels even barely hit 10%+ in that regard.

But it is highly subject dependend.
Bike reviews is more non subs.
Maintance is more non subs
Big events is more non sub

Normal vlogs / daily life stuff is more subs ;)

Yep, and I read somewhere [on the Internet, so YMMV], if you get a View count of 10% of your subs count, then your video did well.

-John

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
My channel is the same, more than 95% unsubscribed.

I noticed my last 2 vids have a way more subscribers watching which kinda proves nobody is actively seeking out my content. These views must be from peoples notifications.

$ per month on the other hand is up, but i've noticed before the money is better around the holiday shopping season.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Apr 6, 2018
Bigger marketing budget allocation for Q4 in many companies as you alluded too.

Source: Ex marketing person for companies like Harley-Davidson, Goodyear/Dunlop, etc.

Arfa

Beginner Biker Adventures
Nov 17, 2020
London
www.beginnerbiker.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6
Over the last year, I'm 97% unsubb'd views. Though more of my content is specific stuff that probably comes up in searches. I've never done the whole nagging viewers to subscribe in my videos though, be it specifically telling people to 'subscribe down below' or click on the subscribe button type animations, dunno if I should. Anyone found these actually work much?

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
Over the last year, I'm 97% unsubb'd views. Though more of my content is specific stuff that probably comes up in searches. I've never done the whole nagging viewers to subscribe in my videos though, be it specifically telling people to 'subscribe down below' or click on the subscribe button type animations, dunno if I should. Anyone
I ask for the sub on my how to vids, it doesn’t help me. The majority of my views are from these how to vids. Right now I’m less than 1/4 of 1 percent of viewers subscribe! That’s so bad. Views in general helps my sub count, I don’t understand how my views from most my evergreen content has been cut in half over the last year.

Things I think help get subs. Posting on Instagram, posting in forums like this. I watch lots of huge YouTube channels, I know I’ve picked up subs with top comments.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts