Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Sometimes it's so nice to grab the helmet and go for a ride without the camera. No stress or faffing. No weight. Just ride and enjoy.

Sadly, these are always the times when so much seems to happen and you curse for not having the camera!
Aye, law of the Sod :D

I have a helmet specifically for my no vlog rides, not got a camera mount on it, I also don't mount my phone on the bike either so I can just ride. Ace for the brain

• Haha
Reactions: YBGuy and City Bob

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
I go out with the intention of getting footage, but often then decide not to and vice versa. Sometime something just pops into my head and I end up doing a vlog.

I think its best to let it flow than force it.

At the end of the day, for most of us, we don't make a living off any of this stuff, so its not that much of an issue of we don't post on a regular schedule its unlikely to affect much at all.

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
I have a helmet specifically for my no vlog rides, not got a camera mount on it, I also don't mount my phone on the bike either so I can just ride. Ace for the brain

That's a great idea. Might have to replicate that myself. It just so happens I'm after a newer much lighter modular helmet. Got my eye on a Shoei Neotec 2 to replace my Shoei NXR Dystopia (Which I LOVE the look of) but it's so heavy.

The modular Neotec 2 is lighter than the NXR. Although I'll probably mount the gear to the newer Neotec and leave the NXR Dystopia as my "No vlogging" helmet.

Those rides when not filming are a good chance to recharge and reset for the next time you go out to film. I find it flows a lot better after I've ridden without filming.

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

WildOn2s

WildOn2s Vlog
Feb 18, 2020
San Antonio,Tx
I ride a
Indian Chief dark horse
I do noticed like hippo said reviews of bikes or anything else get most views. Even though I rather not make those vids I still will. Plus I get to ride different bikes and have fun

Reactions: YBGuy

Fool Moon

Wannabie Member
Jun 25, 2020
Northridge, California
I ride a
2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT
Yes, i rode with two great friends their first time in my home roads. I could have made sure the footage of them was better, but i didn't plan it out well before hand and we just rode together in normal fashion, so most of it is them at a safe clip as we twist canyons.

I find It takes a lot of work to make video footage look like it's natural and unforced, which is easy if you have a cameraman. Just called it a practice day.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
All my bike reviews are garbage, they get great views though. A format you could try is 3 things I love and 3 things I hate about xzy. That way you can edit out the waffle and keep it on point. And if folk know you are only gonna talk about 6 things, then they won't feel you are wasting their time! :)
That's good advice and a nice format layout HippoDrone.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
Aye, law of the Sod :D

Same! I have my Bilt helmet with GoPro Mount and wired Panda microphone, then I have my Shoei GT Air helmet with only my Cardio intercom for taking calls. No video or audio recording on that one, just for riding and taking the occasional phone call.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Sometimes it's so nice to grab the helmet and go for a ride without the camera. No stress or faffing. No weight. Just ride and enjoy.

Most of my riding is still without the cameras. When I set out to make a motovlog I normally have a gameplan about where I am going and what I want to say, sometimes I even have things written down on a notepad too.

As to "speaking block", yeah I'll bet we all get that from time to time. I've already pulled over to collect my thoughts or go over my notes a few times too.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
i ride 100% with camera rolling always and everytime.
Not to vlog, not for youtube, not for anybody else then me.

It has helped my with insurance problem after a practical hit&run.
It has helped my fight off a ticket that wasn't legal.
And it gives me the freedom that if i see something or remember something that i did want to make a vlog about, i can ;)

But mostly it is for the safety reasons. Don't like riding without anymore.
Sounds weird, but ridding without feels less free and mindless then when i'm riding with ;)
Also helps to prevent any blocks whenit is your "standerd" riding setup.

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR

It has helped my with insurance problem after a practical hit&run.
It has helped my fight off a ticket that wasn't legal.
And it gives me the freedom that if i see something or remember something that i did want to make a vlog about, i can ;)

But mostly it is for the safety reasons. Don't like riding without anymore.
Sounds weird, but ridding without feels less free and mindless then when i'm riding with ;)
Also helps to prevent any blocks whenit is your "standerd" riding setup.
I totally agree with you. Sometimes I get lazy setting up my cam. Do you always run a mic when you put your gopro on?

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I totally agree with you. Sometimes I get lazy setting up my cam. Do you always run a mic when you put your Drift on?

Yes, otherwise the mic cable is slapping around in the wind and hitting the helmet or my neck.
So just plug it in to prevent it from slapping around.

I also don't remove my Drift from my helmet after every single ride.
If i just do commuting, i can ride and film the whole week and just empty the card on Friday evening ;)
Just let everything be, only turn it on or off. It is so easy ^.^

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
Yes, otherwise the mic cable is slapping around in the wind and hitting the helmet or my neck.
So just plug it in to prevent it from slapping around.

I also don't remove my Drift from my helmet after every single ride.
If i just do commuting, i can ride and film the whole week and just empty the card on Friday evening ;)
Just let everything be, only turn it on or off. It is so easy ^.^
whats size memory card to you have?

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT

I couldn't do that most of the time, because most of my rides are far longer than the battery life will last!

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
64 gb.

I charge my battery once every 2 weeks :)
But that is also the reason why i'm looking for a better action camera that can record and charge at the same time. ;)
I want a Jarvish Helmet, since it supposedly can record video for up to 5 hours! The base model is already out too.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I want a Jarvish Helmet, since it supposedly can record video for up to 5 hours! The base model is already out too.
Can't see any fps stats or FoV info and very little in the way of media or even reviews for it?
Doesn't look to have PinLock either which is a huge turn off as a YK motorcyclist

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR

Sadly, these are always the times when so much seems to happen and you curse for not having the camera!

I know this is an older thread - but I found it today, and today was the first time in a long time I didn't have my GoPro on my helmet. I missed 1 bad driver, and literally had NOTHING to talk about (which is why I had no camera attached anyway)... and this in light of just discovering a much better recording technique (half helmet, so I recently did a BUNCH of tests to get better audio).

It was en-lightening (see what I did there) to not have a camera attached... like you said, no weight, no stress, just riding. But I'm so excited about my new mic placement that I just want to come up with a destination or topic to talk about, just to record some footage!!!

-John

Reactions: LandyVlad and YBGuy

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts