Soundcloud and Creative Commons License

Beyond46

Wannabie Member
Jul 2, 2014
www.beyond46.com
I ride a
Yamaha XJ900F
Hello!
I'm a bit confused. Are we allowed to use Creative Commons Licence that's tagged with "NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes."?

Does anyone know?

/Beyond46

Shirou

京平
Sep 20, 2013
Argentina
I ride a
Honda XR250 Tornado
Ninja EX250J
As long as you're not making money, you can use.
Creative Commons isn't just a license flavour, it has many components like non-commercial, share alike, no derivatives, attribution, etc.
Check this website for more information and make sure there is no other license over the CC content. Some media published on Jamendo has a simple CC BY license and jamendo doesn't let you use the media for commercial purposes, requiring you to pay a fee (about 100 Euro) for a "Pro" service, that goes against the license specified by the author so you can get your content claimed if you use such improperly licensed media.
Even for content licensed with Creative Commons, you should skip the middleman and ask the author directly, get their permission, don't get involved in the licensing mess. I contacted a few through SoundCloud and they were all happy to share as long as I didn't make money out of it.
That part about money basically means for us, forget about monetizing your channel or at least don't with videos that have material from another artist.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts