Some exciting things happening

bphoenix38

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2019
Southern Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2013 Can Am Spyder RS
So I've been plugging along with my channel and getting some more subs and people commenting. Then I get this random comment from Motomadness. He wants to use some of my clips. So I said sure go ahead, I know it'l get a small channel like mine some more exposure for sure. I'm also excited that he reached out to me. It makes me feel like I'm being watched and people are enjoying what I do.

Also, I've got another guy under my Youtube wing now. He's doing a car vlog, but I'm his video/editor guy. So we'll be dual vlogging once we can get him setup. He's very good on the advertising side of things, so I think this is a win/win for both us.

It's been some exciting times. Hopefully this summer continues this way.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I got about 43 subs from the clip he used. Not to bad. I'll see if they stick around.
I have only had 2 subs leave (unsub) and I expect it was the 2 that asked for a return sub. If I would watch the channel I will sub in return but one was a toy guy and the other was a Michael jackson weird cartoon channel or something. They actually left a comment I sub to you sub me back, I didn't so there you go.

Honest unless someone has multiple commercials in their videos like every couple minutes I try and watch everyone i am subbed to and comment because it helps their channels. The ones with commercials all through the vids I stop watching and will unsub to if it becomes the norm. Most of them cut to commercial while in the middle of a sentence as well, mind you I am not talking about the little banners at the bottom just the full screen click to remove after 5 seconds

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Honest unless someone has multiple commercials in their videos like every couple minutes I try and watch everyone i am subbed to and comment because it helps their channels. The ones with commercials all through the vids I stop watching and will unsub to if it becomes the norm. Most of them cut to commercial while in the middle of a sentence as well, mind you I am not talking about the little banners at the bottom just the full screen click to remove after 5 seconds

Yeah, i agree for the most part.
For some vloggers i will keep on watching.

But it is difficult because even though i have that option turned off, it has happened on a video or 2 of my as well.
Not quite sure why ...

Reactions: RideOnTwo

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Regarding ads, I tend to do the default one at start, and one at the end, then once my subs have had a chance to watch it (normally a week or two after going live with it) if it is a longer vid and is getting a lot of traffic I'll maybe put in an ad in just before the middle too. I don't do this for money, but I also don't see the point in under valuing some of the content I've taken time to create.
Like @RideOnTwo has said, it is a massive turn off for me to see a vid with way way too many ads in it for the quality of the content.
As a side note, I've noticed the larger channels all changing from short 10min vids to 30min jobberoos. It would insinuate that YouTube wants people putting out longer videos... which I kind of hate, not because I don't make the odd long video myself, but it means I have to surrender 30 min of my relaxation time to watch them make a vid with so much b-roll and fluff it could have been a 10 min vid if kept on point. It has completely stopped me watching Chase on 2 Wheels's channel as I'd rather watch the shorter videos from the small channels I sub to and stay up to date on 3 times the amount ove videos and creators. Maybe YouTube is using it to crush more channels so just the ones they like are left?

ThrttlGrub

ThrottleGrub.com
Jul 18, 2019
throttlegrub.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R1
2015 Harley-Davidson Street XG750
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Regarding ads, I tend to do the default one at start, and one at the end, then once my subs have had a chance to watch it (normally a week or two after going live with it) if it is a longer vid and is getting a lot of traffic I'll maybe put in an ad in just before the middle too. I don't do this for money, but I also don't see the point in under valuing some of the content I've taken time to create.
Like @RideOnTwo has said, it is a massive turn off for me to see a vid with way way too many ads in it for the quality of the content.
As a side note, I've noticed the larger channels all changing from short 10min vids to 30min jobberoos. It would insinuate that YouTube wants people putting out longer videos... which I kind of hate, not because I don't make the odd long video myself, but it means I have to surrender 30 min of my relaxation time to watch them make a vid with so much b-roll and fluff it could have been a 10 min vid if kept on point. It has completely stopped me watching Chase on 2 Wheels's channel as I'd rather watch the shorter videos from the small channels I sub to and stay up to date on 3 times the amount ove videos and creators. Maybe YouTube is using it to crush more channels so just the ones they like are left?
Length of video is a topic I've done some reading on and it can be difficult to find consistent information, so your post is interesting. Our original goal was to shoot for around ten minutes per video if we can get the content for it, but we haven't stuck to that so far, even only having a few videos out. As for the ads, we don't use ads yet, but hopefully having too many is never a concern. I tend to stick with a video regardless of ads, but I know that is not the case for a lot of other viewers.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I still watch Chase, Wrecked Bike Rebuild but I usually watch while I'm eating supper or whatever and have the 20-30 min free. I also watch it on my TV as I don't often comment. The other bigger motovloggers like Do it with Dan Walteriffic and Cyclecruiser I have not watched in some time, they have gotten away from the things that made me want to watch.

ThrttlGrub

ThrottleGrub.com
Jul 18, 2019
throttlegrub.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R1
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650
I still watch Chase, Wrecked Bike Rebuild but I usually watch while I'm eating supper or whatever and have the 20-30 min free. I also watch it on my TV as I don't often comment. The other bigger motovloggers like Do it with Dan Walteriffic and Cyclecruiser I have not watched in some time, they have gotten away from the things that made me want to watch.
What was it that made you want to watch that they got away from? I still enjoy Walter and CycleCruza.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
What was it that made you want to watch that they got away from? I still enjoy Walter and CycleCruza.

Cyclecruza seems to be repeating the same things over and over. I started losing interest in him when he was trying to tell people how to counter steer and didn't know what he was talking about. I kind of let the preaching of attgat go because I wear gear, but from that point forward I had a different view of where he was coming from $$$$.

Walter I used to love it when he rode around and interacted with people, he started getting more serious after the crash, when your laid up and can't ride I can see how that can happen but that's why I watched him. Been awhile since I've checked out his videos, except I see he got a new car.

ThrttlGrub

ThrottleGrub.com
Jul 18, 2019
throttlegrub.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R1
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Cyclecruza seems to be repeating the same things over and over. I started losing interest in him when he was trying to tell people how to counter steer and didn't know what he was talking about. I kind of let the preaching of attgat go because I wear gear, but from that point forward I had a different view of where he was coming from $$$$.

Walter I used to love it when he rode around and interacted with people, he started getting more serious after the crash, when your laid up and can't ride I can see how that can happen but that's why I watched him. Been awhile since I've checked out his videos, except I see he got a new car.
Understandable for sure.

Reactions: RideOnTwo

bphoenix38

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2019
Southern Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2013 Can Am Spyder RS
I try to keep my videos around 10 minutes and no more than 15(unless it's something special like Laconia).

Channels always have to change and adapt over time, but I think some of these guys just either lost focus or got blinded by the Youtube checks and just put out whatever content makes them money.

Reactions: ThrttlGrub

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I just edit and it is what it is. If you cut too much to get under a specific time then your not getting your message, but you should cut the fluff out. Honest if I could make all the videos like 4 min I would but it isnt a lot of time to do anything.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I just edit and it is what it is. If you cut too much to get under a specific time then your not getting your message, but you should cut the fluff out. Honest if I could make all the videos like 4 min I would but it isnt a lot of time to do anything.

That is how i do it most of the time.
So i have 4 min video's and 20 minutes.

Vlogs normally somewhere around 8 to 10 minutes.
Must say that i kept it very long under the 10 mark, because after 09:59 the number seems so much bigger.
But more and more people are using YT as a tv replacement, so longer video's aren't a problem any more.

Reviews go over de 15 min easily xD

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts