So YouTube an detect 11secs of Lady Gaga, not 45 seconds of Momo?

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
So I have kids. My kids have tablets, locked down and I check history etc... they’re good kids so will tell me anything they’ve seen blah

This momo shite, don’t get it.

How can FB and YouTube detect 11seconds of Copyrighted music but not the 45odd seconds of the momo clips saying kids will die, cut yourself etc?

How can this not be detected?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Am pretty sure it is because there is law suits for copyright infringement but just children getting scared and hurting themselves in the other...

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I was just reading about this. Most news outlets and youtube are saying it is a hoax that was spread through memes and sharing on social media. Not to downplay the issue at the center, which is malicious content that pushes self harm or violent acts, but this one is looking like it was actually spread by parents/school officials/reddit and not by The Momo Challenge or anyone else actually haking/inserting anything into a video on youtube. As of right now, there is no proof of videos being hacked in this manner. There are however similar issues that need to be addressed on youtube and other independent creator driven entertainment outlets, such as the Suicide Instruction Video on Youtube Kids or the Peppa Pig Parody video, that need to be policed as fiercely as copyrighted content.

BillyDaKid

BillyTheMotoKid
Feb 24, 2019
Twin Cities
I ride a
2007 Shadow 750
1983 Shadow 750
2002 Virago 250
2005 Ninja 250
I am sure from a business stand point YouTube wants to shut that shit down as fast as anyone. The kids advertising market is massive and highly competitive. Major campaigns and big $ will find someplace else if they cant trust the delivery of their ads.

Now instead of teaching kids about "stranger danger" we have to teach them about weird creepy as fuck danger on the internet.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I am sure from a business stand point YouTube wants to shut that shit down as fast as anyone. The kids advertising market is massive and highly competitive. Major campaigns and big $ will find someplace else if they cant trust the delivery of their ads.

Now instead of teaching kids about "stranger danger" we have to teach them about weird creepy as fuck danger on the internet.

I think both stranger danger and weird creepy as fuck danger fall under the same umbrella of concern and guidance parents/teachers/role models need to be aware of and help children manage in their daily lives.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
So I have kids. My kids have tablets, locked down and I check history etc... they’re good kids so will tell me anything they’ve seen blah

This momo shite, don’t get it.

How can FB and YouTube detect 11seconds of Copyrighted music but not the 45odd seconds of the momo clips saying kids will die, cut yourself etc?

How can this not be detected?

I wonder if a person altered Lady Gaga 11 second track just enough either through speed or tone then would the detection tool still flag it?

If it didn't then perhaps that is why it can't detect something like Momo.

BillyDaKid

BillyTheMotoKid
Feb 24, 2019
Twin Cities
I ride a
2007 Shadow 750
1983 Shadow 750
2002 Virago 250
2005 Ninja 250
I think both stranger danger and weird creepy as fuck danger fall under the same umbrella of concern and guidance parents/teachers/role models need to be aware of and help children manage in their daily lives.
Touche. All I meant is that it is a shame that we have to.

Reactions: LoneWolfer
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Theodor Off Topic Chat 4