• Total voters

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I'm curious who watched the pilot of the Mayans MC? And what are your thoughts?

I dug it, and enjoyed the twists it brought right in the first episode but...

• Spoilers ahead •

I wasn't a fan of the Gemma cameo, I got what they were trying to do, but it pulled me out of the new story they are trying to tell. And in my opinion, if they wanted to show that some of SAMCRO were in prison with EZ, they should have shown Opie visiting his brothers. For me, that would have been much more powerful. But I understand that Katey Sagal is an easier get since she is married to Kurt Sutter who created SOA and Mayans MC.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I don't have a TV anymore, so won't be able to watch it until it hits Netflix/Amazon Prime, but I really enjoyed SoA so I will watch once it is available to me! :)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
hahaa :D
TBH, I still have a TV, it just doesn't have a box or aerial so is pretty useless :D
I got shot of my TV licence and took off the TV and telephone package from my broadband provider and am saving around £750 a year and I still have more than enough to watch with YouTube, Netflix and Prime! :)
I don't like watching YouTube on the telly as it makes it hard to comment on folks content. I think it would be rude of me to watch and enjoy something someone has put a lot of effort into and not even comment on it, so I do all my viewing on my PC. My monitor is a 36" jobby so is plenty large enough :D

Reactions: R-Rated

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
So your telling me they still found a way to slip Gemma in?

Guess it pays to be married to the creator. Please tell me she didn't sing.

It does pay and thank the gods no she didn’t sing or o at least tuned it out. But I bet it’s been discussed that she’ll end up doing a song or two.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
@MIcruiser most of the world watches everything in English, with subtitles. Except the few countries, where people can not read. Like Germany and Russia, where they have to dub it :p

*ducking*

To the topic, I kind of feel Mr. Sutter watched Gangland Undercover and went with it. I am still trying to stick with it, at least end of the season and see, if I will be more interested. SOA had two good seasons, so I have hopes for Mayans too.
The main thing, that bothers me right now, is too many twists, with so short time. Then again, it may be to emphasize the southern temperament.

Reactions: LoneWolfer

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
I watch a fair amount of foreign movies so subtitles don't bother me. Tons of great films out there from far away lands.

Theodor, I agree with the over packed plots though, especially with thius last episode, Oppossum. Convoluted plots are what soured SOA for me halfway through season 3.

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Havent yet but will! I really enjoyed SOA.

Alvarez is boss! Haha

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
I'm following that series, i watch it over the net due to the FX Channel in Mexico doesn't broadcast it, and as a Mexican i feel kind of insulted with some stereotypes they show, I´ve been in Tijuana and Juarez and life style isn´t as they show it.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I happened to stumble across some show on Discovery Turbo or whatever something about Laffing Devils or what-not.. That particular episode that dude who founded the MC got kicked out and went about starting another MC to rival the one he created but got booted out of by recruiting some of the ones that were ex Laffing Devils or still in that MC.. Oh something about the new recruit having to endure all the shit and willing to break up his marriage/family for the sake of the "brotherhood" MC..

Laughed my ass off. Sorry but I find MC's highly useless and totally rubbish. As for the show you're talking about.. I have no clue but I'm betting I'd pretty much be LMAOF if I watched it too.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
I happened to stumble across some show on Discovery Turbo or whatever something about Laffing Devils or what-not.. That particular episode that dude who founded the MC got kicked out and went about starting another MC to rival the one he created but got booted out of by recruiting some of the ones that were ex Laffing Devils or still in that MC.. Oh something about the new recruit having to endure all the shit and willing to break up his marriage/family for the sake of the "brotherhood" MC..

Laughed my ass off. Sorry but I find MC's highly useless and totally rubbish. As for the show you're talking about.. I have no clue but I'm betting I'd pretty much be LMAOF if I watched it too.

That show was hilariously stupid. Garbage "Scripted Reality". And I agree that MC's are uselss and rubbish, but I am still fascinated with anything that makes it to television or movies that involves motorcycles.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
I'm following that series, i watch it over the net due to the FX Channel in Mexico doesn't broadcast it, and as a Mexican i feel kind of insulted with some stereotypes they show, I´ve been in Tijuana and Juarez and life style isn´t as they show it.

I would hope that you and anyone watching a show like this or Sons of Anarchy or Game of Thrones or any Soap Opera know this is drama & conflict for the sake of drama & conflict and don't take any negative characterizations personally. Liberties are going to be taken to drive the story & motivations forward and its not all going to be realistic and it is often going be the opposite of complimentary. I certainly don't take the terrible actions or outlandish antics of the White Nationalists or the Super Patriots on the show as mockery of who I am as an American.

By no means am I dressing down stereotypes that are offensive, and I personally do not believe that the intention of the show runners, writers, directors, actors, etc on the show are to mock another culture, but rather just create a dramatic show and story arc that keeps people engaged.

I do hope that you find at least one character on the show, Undead MV, that feels culturally relevant or at least engaging to you on an entertaining level. Might be hard on teh culterually releveant aspect as the show is pretty outlandish.

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
I would hope that you and anyone watching a show like this or Sons of Anarchy or Game of Thrones or any Soap Opera know this is drama & conflict for the sake of drama & conflict and don't take any negative characterizations personally. Liberties are going to be taken to drive the story & motivations forward and its not all going to be realistic and it is often going be the opposite of complimentary. I certainly don't take the terrible actions or outlandish antics of the White Nationalists or the Super Patriots on the show as mockery of who I am as an American.

By no means am I dressing down stereotypes that are offensive, and I personally do not believe that the intention of the show runners, writers, directors, actors, etc on the show are to mock another culture, but rather just create a dramatic show and story arc that keeps people engaged.

I do hope that you find at least one character on the show, Undead MV, that feels culturally relevant or at least engaging to you on an entertaining level. Might be hard on teh culterually releveant aspect as the show is pretty outlandish.
Maybe the word "insulted" was too much, i mean, I totally understand that is only a TV Show, i'm not engagged with allusions to "typical" Mexican culture, it's only a mehh for me, I watched the full SOA series and I like Mayans so far too.

I like everything (as you mentioned) that involves motos.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts