So when do you post your videos?

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Straight from TubeBuddy.

The overwhelming consensus of YouTube Experts is that the best time to publish is any day/time that you can consistently publish.
"whole lot of quote" .

Going see if i can work a bit with this.
So i have multiple uploads on the sunday standard, so that gives me a basic line of how my viewers react.
This weekend i'm going to upload a video on saturday18:00 and on sundag 16:00.
Just to see if a day earlier and/or 2 hours earlier makes any difference.

Kinda curious now xD

MV3city

Motovlog 3city
Sep 9, 2018
Poland
www.facebook.com
I ride a
CBR 600 F4i
I don't think so. What I've observed, there is a difference only between videos published before and after 12 PM. Don't think 2h will make a significant change you can really notice.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I am currently uploading tomorrow mornings video, this is my normal routine, upload the night before it goes live. I have not really noticed any difference in views compared to when I upload and go live instantly, but maybe it is a 24hr thing rather than doing on the day, as YouTube is a 24/7/365 thing in multiple time zones, can't see them being dicks on posting before midnight?

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Use it all the time.
But i have heard that it is important for the algorithm that the video is released the same day as it is uploaded.
So normally i upload in the morning and release it at the standard time my video's go online ;)
What is the importance of having it scheduled and released on the same day that you uploaded it? I think that kind of takes away from the purpose of "scheduling" if it is going to be posted shortly. Anyway I have not heard of it before, and I schedule them a week or more ahead of time.. I just crunch out videos when I have the time but spread it out in case I don't have time in the future.. Some are even scheduled before an older one, in other words I sometimes mix up the order of the videos as well depending on situation.. However in my playlist is sorted by date of publish not date of upload so the order is still the same.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
What is the importance of having it scheduled and released on the same day that you uploaded it? I think that kind of takes away from the purpose of "scheduling" if it is going to be posted shortly. Anyway I have not heard of it before, and I schedule them a week or more ahead of time.. I just crunch out videos when I have the time but spread it out in case I don't have time in the future.. Some are even scheduled before an older one, in other words I sometimes mix up the order of the videos as well depending on situation.. However in my playlist is sorted by date of publish not date of upload so the order is still the same.

Not quite sure, something with that youtube takes in account when it is uploaded for the trafficing. So when it is released later it still use the upload date for the traffic it directs.
Something like that.
Maybe they changed it in the meantime.

Reactions: SighBored

CeasarSEV

Wannabie Member
Oct 4, 2018
Texas
www.SEVProducitons.com
I ride a
Lifan KP Mini 150cc and a Honda Ruckus 2011
Usually on Wednesdays, 7AM GMT +8.

Why Wednesday? I guess it's in the middle of the week.
Why 7AM? Honestly not sure why, probably cause it's morning here, and on the opposite end it's about late evening.
I post generally at 7:00 PM CST so its after work for most people. Sometimes 5:00 PM on the weekends but normally what my stats say my most view time is. Live Streams start at 8:00 PM

Reactions: SighBored

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Some good tips in this thread.

I have often wondered and experimented with the time myself.

I "try" to upload on an evening around 7pm.

I feel that way we are still awake and settling down - alot of people reach for phones and put tv on etc..

Plus it gives America chance too as its early afternoon at this point.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Just found this thread and thought would see if anyones upload habits have changed since the commented last.

I use the schedule feature and try to get vids ready for realise at 1800 GMT on a Friday.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Just found this thread and thought would see if anyones upload habits have changed since the commented last.

I use the schedule feature and try to get vids ready for realise at 1800 GMT on a Friday.
I've moved away from the 0630 time slot on Thursdays to lunchtime now. I still do the early video on Sundays though.

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
Use it all the time.
But i have heard that it is important for the algorithm that the video is released the same day as it is uploaded.
So normally i upload in the morning and release it at the standard time my video's go online ;)
As far as I understand that is a false myth. That might be more of if it's unlisted before being public.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I just usually upload straight after editing.

I don't vlog enough to be consistent with a schedule.
There is an advantage to scheduling the video other than having a consistent time and day folk will learn, and that is quality. YouTube nerfs our videos anyway but when you upload it won't go to full resolution straight away, often will sit at 360p for a good while before going to 720p, then 1080p and if you upscale or record in higher resolutions 2.7k and then 4k etc. So if you have a loyal audience who wach your content when they get notified, they will get a lower quality than had it been scheduled.

Reactions: HRMV and L. Bilious

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
North Cheshire/South Manchester
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
There is an advantage to scheduling the video other than having a consistent time and day folk will learn, and that is quality. YouTube nerfs our videos anyway but when you upload it won't go to full resolution straight away, often will sit at 360p for a good while before going to 720p, then 1080p and if you upscale or record in higher resolutions 2.7k and then 4k etc. So if you have a loyal audience who wach your content when they get notified, they will get a lower quality than had it been scheduled.
I am aware of the time it takes to get to full resolution- it would be worth scheduling to get around that.

Reactions: HRMV and HippoDrone

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800

I didnt realise your videos were dicked by YouTube in terms of res. So the auto res is low unless the viewer selects a hugger quality?

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I didnt realise your videos were dicked by YouTube in terms of res. So the auto res is low unless the viewer selects a hugger quality?
We all know that was meant to say higher don't we.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
If you record on a GoPro at 1080 it will have a bitrate of around 45Mbps when you put that 1080 vid on YouTube they will only give you IIRC 12Mbps so your video will look 3 times lower in quality on YouTube than the original does on your PC. This is due to the codec they give your video. When you upload a 2.7k or 4k video they give you a better codec which allows upto 65Mbps or something similar. I record at 1080 and then render it to 4k when editing it, this tricks YouTube into thinking it is an actual 4k video so I get full bitrate with no compression. As a viewer you need a decent internet speed and you need to watch it in 1080 or higher but yes, you need to ensure you view in the highest resolution your internet allows as vids will look poop otherwise.
But you also need to allow YouTube time to encode a video fully so it can offer the full resolution, that is why I mainly schedule my vids, it ensures they are available in the best quality should a viewer chose to select it! :)

Reactions: HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
If you record on a GoPro at 1080 it will have a bitrate of around 45Mbps when you put that 1080 vid on YouTube they will only give you IIRC 12Mbps so your video will look 3 times lower in quality on YouTube than the original does on your PC. This is due to the codec they give your video. When you upload a 2.7k or 4k video they give you a better codec which allows upto 65Mbps or something similar. I record at 1080 and then render it to 4k when editing it, this tricks YouTube into thinking it is an actual 4k video so I get full bitrate with no compression. As a viewer you need a decent internet speed and you need to watch it in 1080 or higher but yes, you need to ensure you view in the highest resolution your internet allows as vids will look poop otherwise.
But you also need to allow YouTube time to encode a video fully so it can offer the full resolution, that is why I mainly schedule my vids, it ensures they are available in the best quality should a viewer chose to select it! :)

That information is great and much appreciated. I didn't know that

I encode at 4k I believe but will check for next upload for sure as I record at 1080 60fps.

I normally try to have videos scheduled for at least 5 days before release. Unfortunately due to technical issues that wasn't possible with tonight's episode

PS anyone that is watching it please check the quality setting to avoid crap quality lol.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts