So Unfair

Kattallyn

Mrrrrr. Need a bigger bikeee
Mar 6, 2015
London
I ride a
Ninja 300
So unfair. I went to my friend and I parked my bike on the road, when I came back, my bike was on the floor. I pick it up and there were lots of damaged to my bike, footrest, the gears mirrors all gone, I didn't know how get home, because my friend lives far from my home.

I couldn't change gears, after a while, I tried to change with hands the gears, and I manage to leave it to the third gear, and whit that I could get home. When I was stopping was a nightmare needed lots of time to pick up the speed needed.

Anyways, What I am trying to say that, what can we do about that, nobody was around there, and when i parked my bike was nobody near it. If someone wants to smashed your bike, can do that easily. If I park on pavement I get a ticket.

THvlogs

Wannabie Member
Jan 10, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
Honestly now that you have left and went home there is not a whole lot you can do about it. You should have filed a police report before leaving and then if the damage is enough then your insurance could cover the damages. If the damages aren't enough to make it worth an insurance claim then you'd just bite the bullet and pay for it. Only thing to do in that situation is park somewhere you know it is safe and I usually try and park somewhere I can see it or that other people won't really be going.

Unfortunately it is very easy for someone to kick a bike over and run. The world is full of scum bags you have to plan to avoid them or at least keep an eye out. Sorry this happened to you.

Reactions: Heartland

Clint Love

It doesn't say CUNT, dammit!
Jun 17, 2015
Dallas, Texas
www.therealclintlove.com
I ride a
2007 Ducati 1098s
Did someone knock it down or did your kickstand sink into the pavement? If you lean the bike on the side stand on hot pavement or wet ground, it can sink in and topple your bike. You can buy a puck to put under the stand, or just crush a beer can and use it.

Reactions: kuhlka

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
We don't get hot pavement here, it's England!

It's very shit when this happens. It's down to whether it's worth claiming on the insurance by the time you work out the excess, loss of no claims and then being shafted at renewal. Sounds a lot of damage for just a tip over though.

Reactions: BlackMamba

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Sorry to hear about your bike going down. Totally sucks. Any pictures of the damages?

Not sure about claims, no intention to promote insurance fraud but if you want to try making a claim, since you are no longer at the actual scene, perhaps laying it down (gently) at another similar place close to home and then taking photos and making a report (for claims purposes). If the claim is denied then you'll have to pay for the repairs.

If you are going to have a go at doing the claim, then don't post the pictures here first, only after the claim process is over.

TheDutchTexan

Wannabie Member
Jul 2, 2013
I ride a
bicycle...
It is a sad day when you park somewhere and some jackalope damages your vehicle. Door ding or full on dent / crash. Pay up instead of walk away.

Rusty

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2014
I ride a
KLR650, VFR75, Ninja 250
I remember when I first got my VFR, I parked it at my girlfriends house because I didn't tell my parents yet, I put it on the center stand, when I came to get it I took it off the center stand and it fell over landed on a cheap ebay framslider it bent and cracked the fairing, sucks at least I couldn't blame anyone but myself, I don't know what I would do if I went out and saw my bike on the the ground. probably murder the first stranger I see (I joke)

TC3

TC3
May 30, 2015
LONDON ENGLAND
I ride a
2015 GSXR 600
Sorry to hear about your bike.
I normally park my bike close to a wall with the side stand facing the wall that way if it does fall it's only going to lean against the wall. Oh and leave it in first gear

SkiddyJ

Wannabie Member
Aug 31, 2015
I ride a
Kawasaki Z300
There's nothing more heartbreaking then seeing a fallen bike.

Graneable

Wannabie Member
Sep 7, 2015
Canada
instagram.com
I ride a
YZ450F
You cant do much about it...You can file a insurance/police report but your insurance value may go up.

I don't like side stands because of that, the one I got for my dirtbike is shit, had a flat tire, because it deflated, the angle changed and the bike went down on tarmac and even "bent" the forks...

Had to find a pole to straighten the front wheel

Not that I care about damage on my dirtbike (it's meant for that) Id rather put it down on it's side slowly if there's no place to make it lean on then see it drop because of the kickstand and mess the direction again...

Flanky

Wannabie Member
Sep 16, 2015
I ride a
MT07
Oh man this must suck :(
I came off mine at low speed a few days ago, bent the bars, snapped the brake lever an

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
If you lean the bike on the side stand on hot pavement or wet ground, it can sink in and topple your bike.

I don't think anyone has ever had that problem in the UK. :p

I don't think it ever went above 40C in all the time I lived there.

Reactions: Clint Love

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts