So this happened...

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Just this morning I had stopped when the light turned yellow. The car behind me tried to stop but did not make it...

I originally was stopped where she is sitting. The momentum was enough to push me forward even with the bike in gear and the rear fender pushed into the rear tire.

IMG_20190709_083502_794.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Feco and HippoDrone

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
She probably sped up to try and make the light, fucking people suck!

I think she thought Ibwas going to keep on going on yellow and then tried hard to avoid me but she has more weight to stop.

When I heard the tires squealing up it was not even a second to impact...

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
DUDE, this really sucks... glad you are ok, although I do hope you have been checked out by a med?

Reactions: R-Rated

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
So sorry to hear! Glad you're all right, but no one needs that to happen to them or their bike. Any injuries, or problems after the crash? Hope the driver's insurance will cover everything, and this doesn't end your riding season.

- Wolf

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
I am hoping it is not totaled. I wanted to hit 100k miles and I am at 86160 as of the crash.
That would really suck. I hope it will just be repaired and her insurance covers it all. I run a lot of reds cause I'm either in my lifted Ram that has no chance of stopping or on my bike and afraid of the person behind me. A couple towns over they put two traffic cameras up on the main road and of course they then changed the yellow to be the fastest damn yellow in the world. The second it turns yellow you have to slam on your brakes because no matter how close you are you will never make it and then it's an instant ticket. I avoid that area at all costs. And fortunately I've yet to get a ticket there, but multiple people have been killed there by people ramming into the back of them at the stop light. One of them was a pickup driver that got killed by a police officer hitting him from behind. That one was probably just distracted driving though. Police are probably the worst drivers. When I got arrested and I was riding in the back of a patrol car the officer was talking on the phone while typing stuff on his computer. Had to slam his brakes twice to not run red lights. Since then I've been paying more attention to police on the road and every time I look at them they are staring down at their computer not paying any attention.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
That would really suck. I hope it will just be repaired and her insurance covers it all. I run a lot of reds cause I'm either in my lifted Ram that has no chance of stopping or on my bike and afraid of the person behind me. A couple towns over they put two traffic cameras up on the main road and of course they then changed the yellow to be the fastest damn yellow in the world. The second it turns yellow you have to slam on your brakes because no matter how close you are you will never make it and then it's an instant ticket. I avoid that area at all costs. And fortunately I've yet to get a ticket there, but multiple people have been killed there by people ramming into the back of them at the stop light. One of them was a pickup driver that got killed by a police officer hitting him from behind. That one was probably just distracted driving though. Police are probably the worst drivers. When I got arrested and I was riding in the back of a patrol car the officer was talking on the phone while typing stuff on his computer. Had to slam his brakes twice to not run red lights. Since then I've been paying more attention to police on the road and every time I look at them they are staring down at their computer not paying any attention.

Yeah, I find it strange they have that screen there. I know plenty of cops who afte on their phones and a few who play by the rules.

I may start racing through yellows after this ...

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
So sorry to hear! Glad you're all right, but no one needs that to happen to them or their bike. Any injuries, or problems after the crash? Hope the driver's insurance will cover everything, and this doesn't end your riding season.

- Wolf

I am just a little sore. The armor in the right elbow did great when the bike fell over. The padding in the back of the jacket and backrest on the bike saved my spine from being whipped backwards.

I should know by the end of the week about the bike. Either way, I will be back on two wheels.

If they total it then I am going to spoof The Bachelor TV series and make it about my hunt for the replacement bike.

Just imagine all the test rides I get to do as a for real possible customer! Plus maybe a savvy dealership or two will get into a bidding war?

If they fix the bike, I will be paying visits to the dealer to check up on it as a series as well as get them to explain what all got broken.

Oh and the after impact footage is great! I think I am the nicest guy anyone could ever run into. :D of course I will blur her identity but not of the witnesses that did not stay despite me asking them.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Sorry to hear about the bike! at least you are ok. Worst part is no ride till fixed unless you have another bike.

Sadly no ride unless I rent an electric scooter. Hopefully the bike can be fixed. I hate the thought of having to start over to run one 100k miles.

I should know in a couple of days.

Reactions: HippoDrone

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Sounds like you have a plan and a road map back to recovery. Hopefully the woman's insurance will cover everything.
Glad the armored jacket did it's job too. It's a shame you can't rent anything more robust than an electric scooter, especially if it has limited max speed, but if possible look at some of the Maxi-Scooters out there as a ride and review option.

- Wolf

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I want to see you doing a motovlog on one of those ride sharing scooters now so very much its ridiculous! Maybe a challenge to see who can do the most ridiculous review of one of those things will be born from the misery of this event.

You are on!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts