Small Newbie Youtube Struggles

CVentures

Rookie Rider
Aug 28, 2020
Maine
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Beta 300RR
It’s quite apparent that being a new youtuber gaining traction is a TON of work. Anyone have any great advice you can give now that your more seasoned to YT that could save a newbie a ton of time?

Reactions: CafeBrakes and ADX

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
There are a few threads on this already mate. What are you struggling with that you want help on? :)

ADX

Wannabie Member
Aug 21, 2020
New Jersey
I ride a
Honda CBR600 F4i
I feel ya its like the work you put and then it feels like its not noticeable lol my ocd kicks in if im a second late with a text input lol

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
It’s hard to say what people are watching with the pandemic going on. My latest video has hit a viewer wall. That’s also just life on YT. I’m working on my next one and hope to have it posted this week.

- Wolf

Reactions: ADX

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer 600 '98 - The 'Mistress'
It’s quite apparent that being a new youtuber gaining traction is a TON of work. Anyone have any great advice you can give now that your more seasoned to YT that could save a newbie a ton of time?
Only 6 vids and 550+ subs. I'd say you are doing great! You'll be writing your own tips soon.

I think if you treat this like another job, chasing that next milestone, then you might fall out of love with it. Particularly if you are frustrated with growth. Whatever you are doing is working. Sorry its not more constructive.

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

CVentures

Rookie Rider
Aug 28, 2020
Maine
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Beta 300RR
As far as what to comment on, i guess im wonder what everyone is doing to try and really be on a continuous climb up in regards to subs. My biggest issue is i have NO way to produce more videos , some people say you have to upload 2-3 times per week etc, im barely able to get one up per week at the moment and sometimes i cant even do that. Its tough with full time job, family and kids etc. I know i know it sounds like im whining but im not trying to haha

Reactions: MickFist

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer 600 '98 - The 'Mistress'
Yes however my subs do not seem to interact and with comments, I'm working to try to improve here. Id like to see more discussion.
Perhaps I misunderstood then. Getting them to interact is perhaps a bit more difficult. I know people have success with asking viewers their thoughts on a comment or the theme of the video early on.

I watched your latest video (as had the most comments). I quite liked the mix of voice over & video audio. Wondering if you are going to the trouble with a voice over, that you do that on camera and have that overlaid on top. Like streamers? Gives the personal element to it. You could use any critique of the main content in the camera overlay as an additional talking point to engage with viewers. Cons are that its extra work I suppose, and detracts away from the main content. But could be the personal touch that might get you a comment or two?

Use Lower/Upper Thirds to remind people to like, comment, subscribe. Utilise the Cards mid video to engage with them too?

I mean, its all well and good me saying this, but just some thoughts to try out maybe?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
If you can only do 1 video a week, stick with that and post at the same time on the same day each week. If you are able to record more videos, don't adjust your schedule, just bank them which will allow a buffer for if you can't get out one week.
Work on your tags and descriptions so that YouTube can work out who to suggest your videos to.
Decent thumbnails, video titles and wording on thumbnails to draw attention to them over other people's vids.
Marketing, you have to do some donkey work to grow an audience, social media is your friend here, and in my book is a must to use Facebook.
Scratching backs and shoutouts, your main audience when growing your channel will be other motovloggers, so network, take an interest in their content, they may then take a look at your channel. Don't ask them to on their vids though.
I can't remember from your vids that I have watched so far if you ask folk watching to "like", "comment" and "subscribe"? It sounds cringy, but it seems to work. Don't do it right at the beginning though as anyone watching will have forgotten by the end.
Assuming you have gotten your current subs without paying for them or doing Sub4Sub, then you must be doing something right.

Reactions: ADX and MickFist

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
I've been at this for a little over a year now and now my videos are barely starting to pick up. I think a good way to market yourself is to find people around your area to follow you. I'm currently trying to do that and get well-known in my city. Other than that, I guess find other social channels to engage with your audience? Which is what I'm also doing currently.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Lol asking how to gain traction with upward of 500 subs. Some of us could do with your assistance in gaining traction.

Im not going to try and weigh in with my opinion on this however I am going to take on the advise given by others above.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
550 subs - i wish my channel was as unsuccessful as yours LOL

Yeah seriously! He has twice my subs in 1/6th the amount of time, I'd say he's doing something very right! :D

Or maybe I'm doing something very wrong? :confused:

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
I get what he's on about though, having 500+ subs and no comments hardly would be annoying

Reactions: HRMV

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
I think most have that well covered by the time they get to 1k subs :)
I agree, that just comes in time as we approach 1k subs.

I think the most important is getting the audience involved. Some people can be controversial so they get people to start commenting.

Most people do the "top 5 things I hate about my bike", "Top 5 things I love about my bike" etc...... It is a tactic to get people to watch which isn't bad. The funniest is when people get triggered for talking bad about their precious bike haha

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I'm not quite at 400 subs after 23 months, however I'm more an educational channel than pure entertainment so my growth might be different. My views are picking up a little which is more important to me than subs. I reckon it'll take another couple of years to get to the magic 1K ... when I do I'll not be monetising as it's not worth it.
Too many of us (me included) lose or lost sight of the enjoyment of just creating and I've realised we're all too late to become YouTube sensations. I'll stay famous in my own mind only haha.

Reactions: CafeBrakes and HRMV

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts