Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
So channel growth in the past was easier I've been led to believe because people who enjoyed the content, shared the content. I assumed that this meant that folk no longer really bothered sharing videos in the same way anymore but I had a butchers at my channel's stats and it seems folk do share stuff.....

share me.jpg

I believe these stats are just from sharing my channel, not individual videos as when I look at videos there are different numbers. Now, if this was videos, rather than the channel I'd say the "Copy to Clipboard" shares were done by myself, but like I said, I think this is just shares of the channel, not individual videos. I also don't have or use "WhatsApp", so this does show that growth can still happen from people sharing your content.
At the end of each of my vids, I always close out with "like, comment, subscribe blah blah", and that drove up my likes and comments and subs. I may include share in the close out too now after seeing this, as it could encourage growth from friends of subs etc.
Worth thinking about anyways! :)

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Great analysis and extrapolating. I just looked at mine and did a year vs. 28 day view. There was a difference in what sharing services were listed.

If anyone is interested in trying to see if an improvement in sharing happens after mentioning the share, I would recommend doing a screen shot every 28 days of the 28 day report.

I suspect if there is an uptick, it could be due to the rollout of mentioning sharing or an unknown variable would be if suddenly a video from before mentioning suddenly gained traction for some other reason.

STATS ARE FUN!

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've only really started looking at the stats on my vids in more depth recently. I make content as a hobby, because I enjoy it so I am not under any delusions that I'll ever have a large channel, but it would be interesting to see how as a creator we can influence the viewers to help our channels grow.
Pewdiepie recently had lots of channels promoting him and he has had huge growth (even in relation to the size of his channel) because of it.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts