Setup without adapter or media mod?

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
Gone are the days of built in mic jacks, for sure due to waterproofing. No?

They should just add Bluetooth mic compatibility, basically what I’m doing.

hdmi just an output, to your tv.

Reactions: Drakhen99

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
GoPro made it so that you must use their piece of expensive turd mic adapter, it's not about waterproofing cause there's the covers for the input ports anyway.

That HDMI port seems to be so important to have but till this day I have not met anyone that uses it.
Which port? I use the mini usb port on my GoPro Hero4 for a mic input. I just got a battery bacpac too, so in theory I should be able to have double mini usb ports now.

I'm guessing you are talking about this little connector on the right? Sorry, I spent time writing the above paragraph so I don't want to delete it now. :p For the port...I'm guessing so... since it says hdmi next to it, but it seems really small even for a mini-hdmi port.

1610978646826.png

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Which port? I use the mini usb port on my GoPro Hero4 for a mic input. I just got a battery bacpac too, so in theory I should be able to have double mini usb ports now.

I'm guessing you are talking about this little connector on the right? Sorry, I spent time writing the above paragraph so I don't want to delete it now. :p For the port...I'm guessing so... since it says hdmi next to it, but it seems really small even for a mini-hdmi port.

View attachment 5530
Yup that port.. As @HippoDrone said.. NEVER USED IT.. I dare say 99.9% of the users here have NEVER used this piece of turd port, yet it remains on the camera. While the mic port which almost everyone uses is removed.

UP YOURS, GOPRO! :mad:

AmpdMoto

Check Me Out on Youtube
Aug 28, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
I use a Sena 10c EVO and love the simplicity. I’ve used GoPro, drift, and external audio recorders in the past but would get tired of the extra steps every time I wanted to hop on the bike so I’d end up not recording. With the Sena I can record all day or use comms with one device. It also records the group chat on comm which makes for cool videos.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I use a Sena 10c EVO and love the simplicity. I’ve used GoPro, drift, and external audio recorders in the past but would get tired of the extra steps every time I wanted to hop on the bike so I’d end up not recording. With the Sena I can record all day or use comms with one device. It also records the group chat on comm which makes for cool videos.

This is why I like my current setup - one helmet, one camera, one mic. If I want the second camera, just grab it and put it on the bike [<1m], start recording on both, clap, light my cigar, and go. When the Hero 8 runs out of juice, pull over and swap batteries in both cameras, then continue riding.

I loved the idea of recording off my comms device, but my SENA SPH-10FM or whatever model number it has ... well it just doesn't record good audio at all, no matter what I tried. Phone calls are clear enough [nobody's complaining] but I'll be darned if I could get any decent audio out of it.

-John

Reactions: AmpdMoto

bphoenix38

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2019
Southern Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2013 Can Am Spyder RS

I've been looking to upgrade my Camera, but I really don't want to mess with external mics with the Gopros. So you've have good success with the Sena 10c? I was looking at those and wondering if it's worth the money to go for it. How long is the battery life on 4k mode?

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
I've been looking to upgrade my Camera, but I really don't want to mess with external mics with the Gopros. So you've have good success with the Sena 10c? I was looking at those and wondering if it's worth the money to go for it. How long is the battery life on 4k mode?

the 10c, even the 10c pro has no 4K. As it ages the battery life gets worse and worse. But the worst thing by far is the lack of stabilization, it’s really bad. I’d rather deal with cables than use this cam.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I will say, that's the one nice thing about using the Media Mod and a lapel mic with my Hero 8 and now Hero 9... the lapel mic plugs right in, and I bundled up the cord to it and used gaffer's tape to hold it onto my helmet, so it's one stop shopping - just throw the helmet on, hit record, and I'm good to go.

-John

Reactions: YBGuy

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
If you already have a Sena communicator, have a look at the Sena Audio Pack. It was made to work with the old GoPro 3/4 but if you check out my YouTube it can work with any camera with an audio input. I happen to be using the DJI cam, 1 wire connects that to the audio pack I placed inside my helmet. Plus it’s way smaller than the media mod, and some say better than GoPro stabilization.

Reactions: YBGuy and Drakhen99

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts