General Riding around a burning Ghost Town: Centralia, PA

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
In this motovlog I explore while riding around Centralia PA and the famous Graffiti Highway (old PA Rt 61). Centralia is a ghost town which the government ordered abandoned due to an out of control coal mine fire that's burned underground since 1962. The Centralia mine fire caused sinkholes and gas venting which made the town unsafe to live in, to this day smoke can be found rising from the grounds as the mine fire still rages on.

Centralia PA is also the inspiration for the town in the video game series Silent Hill.

Fool Moon

Wannabie Member
Jun 25, 2020
Northridge, California
I ride a
2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT
Thanks, and subscribed to your channel. I've heard and know some of the highlights of the town and as a West Coaster, doubtful i'll ride that far east in the near future. Clips like this can be great for riders looking to visit the area and 16 minutes does a lot to give visuals to PA.

Reactions: Moto Mengy

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Thanks everyone! I've got a few more videos of riding around the Centralia area from that day, it's a great area for motorcycles. They should be online in the next few weeks (I've got a backlog of editing to catch up on....).

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts