Ride by wire.... yes or no?!

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I have been riding by wire for 85k miles on my current bike and 68k miles on the one before it.

I cannot tell a difference other than no cables to maintain plus I can adjust my throttle progressivity with a piggy back device to the ECM and my smartphone.

Reactions: RiderInRed

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
If its a good one you can't tell. If its a Yamaha one you wish for a cable back, until you reflash your ECU and fix it.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Not had an issue on my KTM390 Duke when I had that or my Triumph Street Triple 765R.... I've heard some folk not get on with it, but I guess I am either not a good enough rider to notice any difference, or (more hopefully) adaptable enough to the bike between my legs! :D

mykb93

Do the math!
Jun 27, 2012
USA
I ride a
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
I prefer cable (although I have never had a wire). My old track bike was a Daytona 675 and until you put the quick turn throttle, you have never ridden. With instant response it was a beast. That first 1/4 inch turn of the throttle and nothing happens on my new bike is killing me. It's like I have never ridden a bike before. Now, with that said. If you can adjust the throttle on/off points, I might be up for a challange.

Reactions: R-Rated

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
ok so I've recently gotten a new bike which has ride by wire. it's a track oriented motorcycle (psht, as you'd expect from me). I gotta say I'm fine with the ride by wire but I find the physical throttle rotation so much easier than my R1s and that gives it a bit of a weird feeling. I think I like the heavier rotation a bit.

That said I've gotten pretty used to it. if my R1 had a ride by wire as well, at this point I wouldn't even mind

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
ok so I've recently gotten a new bike which has ride by wire. it's a track oriented motorcycle (psht, as you'd expect from me). I gotta say I'm fine with the ride by wire but I find the physical throttle rotation so much easier than my R1s and that gives it a bit of a weird feeling. I think I like the heavier rotation a bit.

That said I've gotten pretty used to it. if my R1 had a ride by wire as well, at this point I wouldn't even mind
Congrats on the new ride!

• Love
Reactions: RiderInRed

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Noticed a very small difference between the 2, but its one of those things that is easily forgotten once riden often enough.
I love the tech ridy-by-wire brings motorcycles like modes, etc

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RiderInRed General Moto Talk 14

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Supported by Suffolk SEO who helps maintain this site.