Restarting a fresh?! Would you?

Tomr2992

Relaunched the Channel -JustTomTorque
Jun 1, 2019
Derby
I ride a
BMW S1000R
I think if it's kept as simply a bit of fun, not to serious or with the dream of it being something other than a pass time it's easier to get by, less pressure and keeps it ticking. If it becomes all consuming, then the fun is well and truly lost!

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I think if it's kept as simply a bit of fun, not to serious or with the dream of it being something other than a pass time it's easier to get by, less pressure and keeps it ticking. If it becomes all consuming, then the fun is well and truly lost!

Try keeping it as "just a hobby" when you're OCD and ADHD like me :D

This "hobby" can soak up 10 hours a day of my time! :D

-John

• Love
Reactions: Tomr2992

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
If you think you want to start fresh, then just do ahead and do it.

I've never thought of it though. That said, I never started a channel with goals/objectives/concepts/etc. I just wanted a place to dump my videos so that my hard drive wasn't full, and easy to share with friends instead of copying files to USB/etc. Till today I still have my very first vids back in 2011 (yes that is 2-0-1-1) up for views. Cheap China made camera strapped on with electrical tape, bad vibrations, bad sound. I don't really care though. The memories (for me) when I re-watch them is priceless. That's what my purpose was when posting up videos was anyway.

I guess that's one of major differences with the new generation of channels, all wanting to be something great that appeals to the masses or something like that.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I guess that's one of major differences with the new generation of channels, all wanting to be something great that appeals to the masses or something like that.

This definitely is a thing. I see lots of new motovloggers really trying to make content for the SEO and algorithm, in an attempt to monetize as fast as possilble and make some YT dough.

Myself, I simply wanted a new hobby tied to riding my bike and motovlogging seemed like something fun to try!

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
This definitely is a thing. I see lots of new motovloggers really trying to make content for the SEO and algorithm, in an attempt to monetize as fast as possilble and make some YT dough.

Myself, I simply wanted a new hobby tied to riding my bike and motovlogging seemed like something fun to try!

Uh, ditto!

I find the editing part very fun and fascinating, and a way to challenge myself in the evenings versus being a consumer of video. I still watch a lot of TV and YouTube, but now I *get* some of what they're doing with editing, and I try to incorporate some of that into my videos to make them more exciting and fun to watch.

My creative side really likes coming up with ideas for shots to get and edits to make (like my placard - I'm still giggling when I see that or think of it - I think it's a really neat editing trick).

-John

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Well I can't decide what to do. My biggest issue is that I have become time poor in the past year.

When I start doing something I just need to get it done and move on. Recently the Grom got some big upgrades and I just didn't have the time to get the camera setup and record all that stuff. Same with the new car. Recorded nothing.
Its not that I lack the motivation its that I really lack the time at the moment, because even if I did record something there isn't much time to get any editing done.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Well I can't decide what to do. My biggest issue is that I have become time poor in the past year.

When I start doing something I just need to get it done and move on. Recently the Grom got some big upgrades and I just didn't have the time to get the camera setup and record all that stuff. Same with the new car. Recorded nothing.
Its not that I lack the motivation its that I really lack the time at the moment, because even if I did record something there isn't much time to get any editing done.

Dude, I hear ya! I have 2 small kids at home and my wife and I both work full-time jobs.

I am struggle city trying to get my vehicles washed, much less record rides and how-tos and stuff. Usually I just record whatever I can and if it doesn't work in editing, it doesn't work and I just move on.

Good luck! I hope you can find a way to incorporate more recording into your hobbies so you can put out content you're happy with.

-John

Reactions: Tomr2992

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts