Relaxed the 'post your video rules' a little - And video threads will show in 'new posts'

pimp

Wannabie Member
Apr 17, 2015
Llanelli Wales UK
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple R 2012
my bad, was reading the wrong bit....

"IF you don't visit the site within 14 days, you will be downgraded but upgraded again once you've posted another 10 posts, this will re-enable your ability to post videos"

So you still need to be a regular poster and come on to the site regularly too
Nice on Hippodrone, thanks for the help and info.

Reactions: BeardGiant

BeardGiant

The Bearded Giant
Apr 4, 2018
Oregon, USA
I ride a
Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
I appreciate the "rules" or guidelines spelled out so well, thank you. I appreciate knowing the culture and expectations.

Reactions: pimp

Ghost

Wannabie Member
Jun 19, 2018
I ride a
2017 hayabusa
Well darn now i need to wait 6 more days and upload an avatar xd

MotoAdventureMe

/tavisbogue
Nov 17, 2013
Pa
www.motoadventure.me
I ride a
950 Adventure
I've not kept it a secret that the forum has had a battle between people joining to learn, share and interact - Then you have the people who sign up to try and slap videos everywhere with the hope of gaining some subs blah blah

The old rules as such can be found here

Basically, the rules were "You can't just join up and spam, you need to have posted say 5 posts in a week period and then you could 'advertise' your vlog in the post your video section, spam rules relaxed etc.

The member's Vlogs section were also stopped from being found in the 'new posts' section. This gave members the choice to visit this section of their own free will.

For the next month or two, I am going to try this
  • To have the ability to post in your 'post your video' area you need
    • Have at least 30 posts in total
    • Your account must be older than 7 days from registering your account
    • You must have at least 2 likes from 2 different members
    • You must have an avatar uploaded
  • This will stop/slow spammers and 'check my channel' people.

I have now enabled vlogs to show in the 'new posts' section going forwards BUT there is a catch.... The catch is that you have to give to this forum if you want to tap into the member and guest database... We get over 5k visits a day on this site.

The catch is this
  • If you meet the rules above - You will be able to add one thread every three days - This will slow people down and members getting annoyed with videos being posted around the clock.
  • New posts in this section WILL show in the main new posts section aka more coverage, like any other thread.
  • IF you don't visit the site within 14 days, you will be downgraded but upgraded again once you've posted another 10 posts, this will re-enable your ability to post videos

I think this will be a good middle ground that keeps members using the forum while being able to promote their channels in the RIGHT section.

I guess this is no longer in effect?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I guess this is no longer in effect?
"IF you don't visit the site within 14 days, you will be downgraded but upgraded again once you've posted another 10 posts, this will re-enable your ability to post videos"
Basically, you have not posted since April and then come on here without interacting on any of the non video posts or even starting a new discussion. To share content you must participate in the forums.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
... I realise the rules are hard to interpret at the moment, when I get the time I will tidy them up and make them a little clearer than mud.

Reactions: MotoAdventureMe

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
(btw, these posts count towards your count)
The rules are a mess at the moment, so I get the confusion. It is possibly something that puts off new members so I will get on it as soon as I can.
You have been a member on here far longer than I have so I hope you can join in on the threads that have been posted since you were last here and share your content with us all once you are able, be ace to have your input on things! :)

Reactions: HRMV and MotoCafe

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts