Reaching out to companies for sponsorship....

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
So I have just reached out to a company regarding a little sponsorship. I'll not mention who as it is mainly just a reach out and also coz nothing has been agreed. But reaching out, is there an etiquette and is their a taboo thing with it? Is it wrong to ask for handouts? Should we wait to be offered? Would you "sell your soul" and advertise a product/company? Where is the line between tasteful and NOPE videos?

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
I feel like if it's a company that you respect and that you actually supported them before asking for a sponsorship, then there is no harm in representing a company that you fully support. For me, I think it truly shows who you are if you re a sell out. I get it, we are all working towards the same goal which is recognition and probably the money. I've noticed some bigger motovloggers advertise mobile games which I'm positive that they don't even play. You pick and choose who you represent. I don't judge them for that because I get it, we all want some sort of recognition.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Surely they have someone that is in charge of advertising/marketing. You can send them a short demo/highlight tape and explain what you can bring them.

Basically, you have to sell your self to them and if you convince them to buy in then you can convince people to buy their products.

So play the part!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'd def not reach out to a company who didn't sell something I'd not buy myself, I don't do the youtube thing for the money, I have a job for that, but if I can get my hobby to cost me less then I am up for that.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I'd def not reach out to a company who didn't sell something I'd not buy myself, I don't do the youtube thing for the money, I have a job for that, but if I can get my hobby to cost me less then I am up for that.

You still have to convince the ad person that You and only You are their person to draw more traffic.

Of course if they turn you down then make a parody of the product and still do the ad just to show off your "mad" skills.

Reactions: HippoDrone

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Im personally going the route of asking for something small, like a longer test ride so that I can film a more in depth review. Something that doesnt cost them money, just to build up some reputation and trust with the shop.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I only did it ones, when i was rebuilding the XT.
You know, to get some financial aid for a big build.

I got some actual help from 2 companies, and as a thank you i bought most of the stuff i needed from them.
That way it goes both ways, and i could do a little bit more on the XT.

If they didn't gave some support i would still have bought some stuff from them, just not everything i did now ;)

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
Agreed, I joined Commission Junction and applied for the Revzilla affiliate program. There is nothing wrong with being sponsored as long as you are honest with your reviews about the products they ask you to review. The reason I asked Revzilla is I buy a ton from them. If you can do a review on something and get a kickback when it doesn't cost the consumer any more it is a win win. Unfortunately I think I am too new to the game and maybe too small as Revzilla denied my application.

But... because I have that account on CJ I have been approached by a few companies that I have turned down for reasons that it doesn't fit my channel. I will not plug expensive jewelry on a motorcycle chanel! I also will make sure it is clear which links if any are affiliate if or when I get any. My goal on YT is to make my channel self sufficient monetarily. Anything above that is a bonus.

I think we all know that the YT ad revenue is not going to bring us anything close to enough to pay for even the small things. RayRay3866 just stopped doing his channel because at 3k subs he is getting a whopping $100 every couple months from ad revenue, that would just barely cover gas in most of our bikes!

If anyone is interested here is the site to sign up https://www.cj.com/

Reactions: HippoDrone

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Special Edition
Well don't know about affiliations and sponsorships, but I shot a mail to Indian for a testeide. and after talking a little they decided to give me a ftr1200s for 2 days for a "review" video. Nothing bad with asking companies for stuff to make videos about. as long as the companies are okay with you being honest. Big high five to indian though!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts