Puncture Kit

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
DRZ400SM and random stuff people let me ride
I've never done the diy ones but i did take have a puncture in my tire and took it to the dealer and they put a plug in it and it worked fine till the tire was done.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I used one of those puncture repair kits when I got my first ever flat tire while touring in South East England.

Used 2 entire bottles of those Motul Kits.

Suffice to say they don't work very well if at all in most situations. What I had were cracked tires with 2 tiny holes about 3mm wide, but they won't seal this.

Shifty

Motovlogger
Jan 5, 2016
U.K.
shiftyblake.wordpress.com
I ride a
Ducati Multistrada 1200 GT
I used one of those puncture repair kits when I got my first ever flat tire while touring in South East England.

Used 2 entire bottles of those Motul Kits.

Suffice to say they don't work very well if at all in most situations. What I had were cracked tires with 2 tiny holes about 3mm wide, but they won't seal this.

If your Tyre was cracked? I'm not sure any kit would work properly, maybe the gunk? Assuming you mean the tyre was old and the rubber had perished?

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Tire plug kits are very useful to have in hand especially on long trips. Get those kits that have the pressurized air canister, or have a mini electric air-pump with you.

I don't mean those liquid coating stuff, never used those.

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
DRZ400SM and random stuff people let me ride
i don't have mag wheels so a diy plug won't do the trick for me. that slime liquid stuff is horrible i mean if you plan to change the tire go for it but i wouldn't recommend driving around on a bike with that stuff for a period of time.

Chandrajit

Wannabie Member
Dec 26, 2016
Kolkata, India
OneLivingLife.in
I ride a
Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Anybody used one of those plug kits for touring? Are they any good?

I have used puncture kits multiple times during my tour and even in the city. Its easy to use, very reliable and I feel its a mandate to have one for your tubeless ones on long rides.

i use slime in my tire's its worry free

From my latest experience, I'll say, Stay away from Slime.

A month after I bought my motorcycle, I inserted slime in my tires. Well, for 2 years I did not have a single puncture in my front Tyre. MAYBE, it was the slime protecting.

Now, Why I say stay away from Slime?
Just a month ago, I embarked on a ride to 17800ft altitude across the Himalayas. Before leaving, I checked my tires and pulled out 3 sharp objects from both the front and rear tire. (It was not only the slime holding. Tubeless tires without slime are known to hold air for long even after such punctures.)
Throughout my whole ride, my front tire became a pain in my ass. I visited many puncture repair places but none of them could find a leak. At one place, the guy filled the tire to 60 psi and dipped it in water but found no leakage!!! Every morning I had to fill it to the correct PSI and by night it would be zero. It became a mystery!!!
So, I had to continue like that until one day after coming down, I could get a proper repair place who detached the rubber from the rim and what I saw inside was a nightmare. The greenish liquid put in 2 years ago seemed like it had rusted/eaten through the rim at multiple places from inside. It had to be rubbed clean as I could not get a new rim there. Also, what the guy said was that one of the sharp objects (which entered later) was probably placed in such a position that only when the area treaded on rocks at certain angles, the slime couldn't resist and let the air out. So, even filling to 60 psi and dipping didn't give away the leaky point.
I am no tire expert but seeing the condition of my rims like that and falling in such a situation makes me vow that I won't use slime again.
Its better to note a puncture and fix it forever, rather than depending on slime that leaves it partially fixed.

Reactions: Shifty

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts