Not open for further replies.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Mikesmotorbike said:
that's why I use the velcro mount, if it's strong enough to break my neck it'll just pull of the velcro

True say, would be a great reply I've seen a video of a guy get stopped for this reason he was using the sucker mount so it would have just pulled right off in the event of the crash.

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
mrdonzno1 said:
Friz said:
Just something I saw once

http://youtu.be/5o5b6255xhs

Skip to 1min 30.

Of course, this is America. I've never heard of anything like that happening here in England :)

lol this video is so funny is there any need for that cop to be like that.

Provided they do actually have a law against it (no I'm not going to look, and yes it's very possible) then yeah, there's plenty of reason for the cop to be doing his job and enforcing the law. I don't understand what people are getting pissy about, he was perfectly nice to the rider (who was being a confrontational dick) and gave him verbal warnings for at least 2 violations. The tail light is a little iffy, some places require the lens to be red, which his wasn't..

The riders little bitch fit at the end just proves the point too. Cop was a nice guy, rider is a douchebag.

DodgeRider26

PURGE ACCOUNT
Feb 11, 2012
I ride a
Motard
lauriejennifer said:
I've had lengthy chats with several different cops who think it's great that I record, citing how many horrid drivers there are on the road these days. And every cop I've met in other conversations when recording has glanced at the camera, clearly acknowledged it, and changed/said nothing about our interaction. An honest cop won't mind being filmed and will recognize the benefit of such accountability.

At least, that's my 3am take on it.

THIS. And in my area 100% of police in the nearest 4-5 cities (all one big metro area) have dash cameras that are on whenever they are out. If they are conducting a traffic stop they are already filming so why would they care if you film it to? My own home city now has officers wearing a small camera that is ear mounted so they can have video from the officers perspective instead of just the patrol car.

I record when I ride. If the police and courts tell me otherwise, then all they will do is turn me into a vandal who destroys traffic cameras in my spare time. If they can record me, I can record them. It's all in fair play.

IceManDan

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2012
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Ninja 250
CLARKY said:
COPS DONT LIKE CAMERAS!!!!

obviously that guy is an idiot and hes just trying to look intimidating.

the worry would be that the camera could be an improvised gun or bomb, or trigger device for a bomb hidden in one of his huge backpacks.

his finger is off the trigger though, which means that the "camera man" can shoot/explode before he has the slightest chance to react.

if he was actually worried about the situation, he wouldnt have let the camera man get that close, or he would be in the process of bashing him in the face w/ his gun, removing the camera from his posession, and arresting him. so i can only conclude that hes just trying to look like a hardass for the camera.

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
I think it's actually a military exercise, noones in need of shooting arresting :p

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
IceManDan said:
CLARKY said:

the worry would be that the camera could be an improvised gun or bomb, or trigger device for a bomb hidden in one of his huge backpacks.

his finger is off the trigger though, which means that the "camera man" can shoot/explode before he has the slightest chance to react.

if he was actually worried about the situation, he wouldnt have let the camera man get that close, or he would be in the process of bashing him in the face w/ his gun, removing the camera from his posession, and arresting him. so i can only conclude that hes just trying to look like a hardass for the camera.

I think it's a bit more obvious that he's performing an action many people do all the time, called 'posing.'

drifter4samp

Wannabie Member
Feb 23, 2012
Finland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha DT 50
i LMFAOED @ that video one of you guys posted on first page where that guy was pulled over cuz no backlight working and had helmet cam on.. i literally cracked on 7:08-7:21 XD

CLARKY

Wannabie Member
Feb 7, 2012
Canvey Island
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Fj1200
IceManDan said:
CLARKY said:

Or maybe he's just posing for a photo....... :)

IceManDan

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2012
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Ninja 250
CLARKY said:
IceManDan said:
CLARKY said:

in a sense, sure. but there is not a military/police force in the world that would let you point a loaded [i assume] weapon at someone for a "photo op"

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
IceManDan said:
in a sense, sure. but there is not a military/police force in the world that would let you point a loaded [i assume] weapon at someone for a "photo op"

Yeah, because everyone always follows the rules. I've got several photos of friends of mine from the Army pointing (I assure you) loaded weapons at a camera. Against the rules? Yeah, probably. Just a 'photo op?' most likely.

ToySoldier

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
dt 125 ntv 650
Yamaha dt125
soon suzuki bandit 400 XD
iv been pulled for having mine on my helmet in London. He thought it was a laser or something (i dident tell him my contour has twin lasers lol) i explaned about its a camera and its for insurance reasons, he said that's fine i can be on my way.

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
ToySoldier said:
iv been pulled for having mine on my helmet in London. He thought it was a laser or something (i dident tell him my contour has twin lasers lol) i explaned about its a camera and its for insurance reasons, he said that's fine i can be on my way.

This is the first time I've seen you use punctuation. And you've done it three times in the same post! YAYYYY Good for youuuuuu :D

ToySoldier

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
dt 125 ntv 650
Yamaha dt125
soon suzuki bandit 400 XD
ToastToGo said:
ToySoldier said:

This is the first time I've seen you use punctuation. And you've done it three times in the same post! YAYYYY Good for youuuuuu :D

I'm trying my best. XD

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Re: Re: police and vloggers

IceManDan said:
CLARKY said:
IceManDan said:
CLARKY said:

It's the unloaded rifle that kills you.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts