"Play All" on a channel/playlist is Invalid Traffic?

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
So, I was watching a Daniel Batal video [below] and one of the things YT apparently says is a no-no, is clicking "Play All" on a channel or playlist...

Just thought I'd let y'all know and see if anyone else has seen this.

-John

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
So, I was watching a Daniel Batal video [below] and one of the things YT apparently says is a no-no, is clicking "Play All" on a channel or playlist...

Just thought I'd let y'all know and see if anyone else has seen this.

-John
I'm not watching an hour and a half long video to find out why, you got a TLDR mate?

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I'm not watching an hour and a half long video to find out why, you got a TLDR mate?
Wouldn't it be TLDW?o_O

Since I never heard of the person I did some research from Google itself:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/10285842?hl=en

For those that want to skip to the point -

Invalid traffic on your videos​

Invalid traffic is any activity on your channel that doesn’t come from a real user or a user with genuine interest. It can include fraudulent, artificial, or even unintentional ways to boost ad revenue for videos, among others.
Examples of invalid traffic on videos include:
  • Automated or incentivized traffic from third parties, including “traffic boosting” services and others claiming to be legitimate ad networks, among others.
  • Friends or contacts letting playlists of your videos run all day long, resulting in a boost in ad traffic due to ads playing on those videos.
  • Announcing to your viewers that they should watch or click through ads on certain videos to boost ad traffic, resulting in boosted ad revenue.
Our systems analyze traffic to your videos to determine whether it’s valid or invalid, regardless of where or ...

How invalid traffic impacts your earnings​

If invalid traffic occurs on your channel, you might see:
  • Drops in views and earnings. You may see adjustments in YouTube Analytics to remove views, and therefore earnings, associated with invalid traffic.
  • Fewer ads on your channel. We may temporarily limit ad serving until our systems determine the risk of invalid traffic is reduced, which may impact revenue even while views remain consistent.
  • Adjustments in your AdSense account. If we detect associated earnings from invalid traffic after your payment has been calculated or paid, the amount is offset from your current or future AdSense balance.
  • Delays in payment. Payments may be delayed up to 90 days to allow sufficient time to investigate traffic and associated earnings on your channel. Earnings may be withheld, adjusted, or offset if they are determined to be invalid.
Learn more about how invalid traffic can affect your estimated earnings in YouTube Analytics.
When invalid traffic is detected, advertisers aren’t charged, or are refunded where appropriate and possible.
Your AdSense earnings will be debited before disbursement to remove earnings from invalid traffic. Any debits for invalid traffic will appear as a separate line item on the Payments page in AdSense.
In cases where significant activity on a channel is found to be invalid, the associated AdSense account may be suspended or permanently disabled. Creators will have the option to appeal when their AdSense account is disabled.

Tips to prevent invalid traffic​

If invalid traffic occurs on your channel, check these tips for common ways to help you prevent it:
  1. Avoid partnering with untrusted parties for video creation and building your channel. For example, it’s best to avoid services that claim to increase your views, likes, or subscriptions. Even when third parties say they drive real traffic to your channel, it may be artificial, resulting in invalid traffic.
  2. Don’t click ads on your videos, even if you think it might be OK to do so. Our systems recognize when creators click the ads on their own videos. If this behavior happens consistently over time, your account may be disabled to protect both advertisers and the creator ecosystem.
  3. Never encourage anyone to click your ads to help you earn more, even if it's for a good or charitable cause.
Learn more...

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
So, that's totally a "my bad" situation.

It's in the 8-9-minute mark in... and @R-Rated nailed it.

-John

• Love

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Good catch by @Drakhen99 by the way.

Again never heard of the guy in the video but I agree with @HippoDrone that the video could have been more concise.
It's a livestream. Daniel Batal hit my radar several months ago with the Filmora snafu when they went subscription-only. Later in the video, Jamie Fenn [Davinci Resolve tutorials] joined, and the other guy I have no idea about.

Just wanted to make sure that if a monetized channel gets the "Motor Mouth of the Month" award, that they don't get their hand smacked by YT for @HippoDrone 's recommendation about playing all.

-John

• Haha

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Well that blows. I have occasionally muted my work computer and clicked play all, on some of my favorite channels playlists, when I leave the office. Usually it finishes playing before I get back to work. I thought I was doing good, but turns out there was no point.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It's a livestream. Daniel Batal hit my radar several months ago with the Filmora snafu when they went subscription-only. Later in the video, Jamie Fenn [Davinci Resolve tutorials] joined, and the other guy I have no idea about.

Just wanted to make sure that if a monetized channel gets the "Motor Mouth of the Month" award, that they don't get their hand smacked by YT for @HippoDrone 's recommendation about playing all.

-John
I shall stop adding that to the MMotM post, thank you John for the heads up, very much appreciated mate, and ta Anthony too for finding the info with his mega helpful post! :cool:

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
I shall stop adding that to the MMotM post, thank you John for the heads up, very much appreciated mate, and ta Anthony too for finding the info with his mega helpful post! :cool:
It was my first action when I heard that - to come in here and post!

Apparently these Invalid Traffic bots will hit small channels, too... as Daniel corrected me [nicely] in a comment reply.

-John

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
So they remove the "invalid views" if they think it is needed.

Understandable, but also a bit risky ofcourse.
So real harm, but just a waste of electricity then?
Apparently it can get you in real hot water with YouTube if you have enough invalid traffic... so I don't recommend it.

-John

Reactions: R-Rated

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts