Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Once you install it, you leave it in unless it has a problem or needs cleaning. Generally you just want to leave it fitted as disturbing it can cause issues with the edge seal. You'll have no reason to remove it, they are handy in both winter and summer

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
And fitting it to a new visor will mean no dirt between the two lenses

BluMblRdr

Blue Marble Rider
Apr 16, 2018
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
www.instagram.com
I ride a
Husaberg FE390, Suzuki VStrom 1000, Yamaha XSR900
So, I recently invested in a pinlock ready replacement visor for my helmet. Then on-top of that I obviously bought the pinlock insert. Which cost almost as much as the pinlock ready visor itself !

Functionality - Great, on my commute this morning, visor down the whole time, there was no misting (at least within the area of the pinlock portion)....

However its a CON !! The pinlock insert only covers 3/4 of the inside of the helmet visor (middle portion), meaning there's an inch border outside the pinlock region (all the way around), which is still prone to steaming up.

Also my pinlock insert has dark tint, but the portion of the visor not covered by the insert, still remains clear. So only the centre of my "new" visor looks tinted.... not a smart look.

I think I'm going to go back to my previous Visor purchased, non-pinlock, however entirely tinted and looked the part ! So I have to open it a fraction, to help prevent misting when I stop in traffic (during these colder months), so be it.

[/RANT OVER]

Anyone else had similar experiences?? :rolleyes:

Any tips to help prevent a standard visor steaming up on the inside?
I like pinlock. I'm not sure why you got a tinted insert if you had a clear visor, the other way round may make more sense, so that you could use the pinlock on two different visors. Yes the pinlock doesn't cover the complete inside of the visor, but there's certainly enough vision to see, which is what counts. It's a great system.

Ashbrook

Wannabie Member
Jan 4, 2019
I ride a
Vespa GTS
Another vote for Pinlock from me! I've had it on 3 helmets and they have all been great. One has to tighten it up from time to time, maybe every 6 months I would say.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts