AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Hi all,

Just a quick question.

Any of you ever played paintball and what you thought of it?

I play it as a sport (well getting back into it after 6months off)

Just wondering if any of you have played. I know it's big in the US and I know it's pretty big over here, you don't hear alot about it but thats because it's mainly focused in one area ( Stafford/ Birmingham) so word doesn't spead as quick.

You'd be surprised how many people in the UK actually play.

Ducman69

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Houston, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki VStrom
It is HUGE in Texas, and has gained mainstream acceptance as well with some televised professional events.

However, paintball now seems to be like skiing, its still very popular but is starting to be replaced by airsoft pretty steadily just as snowboards are probably more popular with the young crowd as a whole now.

Paintball is usually better for the environment (I don't think non-biodegradable rounds are even available anymore) and its far easier to control cheating.

Airsoft on the other hand has much cheaper ammo and much cheaper and more reliable guns and the guns can be hyper realistic (often mimicking the slides and weight and balance very closely to the real thing) and in my experience offer more accurate weapons to more realistically mimic urban combat since you're not lobbing or spraying rounds that are carried all over the place by the wind like can be the case in paintball.

Biggest downside that I can see is that you have to rely far more on the honesty of the players. Unlike paintball, it doesn't mark the person and it doesn't even hurt much at reasonable velocities, so a douchebag could act like "what, you didn't just burst into me full auto".

6242922477_4d2e2700c8_b.jpg

Looks real right? Downside though is you definitely need to be on private property. Coworker who is army reserve brought his to work once, and after our night shift which ended at 5AM we were in the parking garage. He was in full army fatigues since he was going to base after and is a big scary looking guy to begin with, and had pulled out a M4 airsoft gun out of his truck to show me his collection. We thought the garage was empty so no big deal, but a car entered... stopped... and turned around and left hah! Definite downside to realism!!!

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
we dont have those sort of air soft things here in aus....

so annoying

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Yea there are many ways to play paintball

- Torney Ball
- Woods Ball ( Campers, Woods paintball)
- SPL
- X'ball

Loads more.

Air soft is a good, I don't see it taking over paintball though, just for the fact that paintball is more of an adrelline rush, I'd much rather be diving around a field of grass behind air bunkers than sat behind a tree.

+ the feeling of shooting 10.5ball as second at 300fps is amazing feeling.
- Pain side can leave a few brusies and a good reminder everyday, but hey sports are meant to make us happy and enjoy them.

Paintball to me is like riding my bike quick through country roads/ twistys. and I'm glad I enjoy both and the fact I can ride my bike to go & play paintball.

Some Airsoft guns can be classsed as illegal if they are shooting a over a certain FPS. Fun non-the-less.

RideXRide

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Radford, VA
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 636
Planning on going to my local paintball field this weekend. I prefer it over airsoft since it is more difficult for people to cheat.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Ducman69 said:
gpzDave said:
Paintball? What's wrong with golf!? ;)
Its awkward trying to shoot golf balls at people, and people tend to bitch when you do.

HAHAHA!!! The only golf I've ever done is trying to replicaty Happy Gilmore.

And that failed miseribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO