OMG - who would have one of these in their collection? APPLE ACTION CAM anyone?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Could be interesting, although to be that skinny, I think it will be even larger than the already large GoPro Hero 9/10 and it only seems to have a standard camera thread mount option, so would possibly need an even larger frame to be able to helmet mount it if it is a thing. I wonder if it will have a removable battery too?

Reactions: Riderguide

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Could be interesting, although to be that skinny, I think it will be even larger than the already large GoPro Hero 9/10 and it only seems to have a standard camera thread mount option, so would possibly need an even larger frame to be able to helmet mount it if it is a thing. I wonder if it will have a removable battery too?
I was actually thinking it would be a good one to mount on the bike facing the rider. Never gave thought (bizarrely) of the helmet mount! It's just a mock up - would be good if they did something though. I'm happy to be an Apple consultant on this I reckon.

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Unless they are investing a ton of money to fix their issue with the lenses failing due to vibration, then Apple won't be interested in going into the action camera market. Apple has even said, that new iPhones should never be mounted on a motorcycles handlebars due to the probably failure of the camera lenses. If they had an interest in an action camera, they would just make their phones more durable, and I doubt they see a reason to with how much money they make on their phones with them as delicate as they are.

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Unless they make it easier to pull videos from than my iPhone or iPad, no thanks. I love my Apple mobile products, but I'm not a Mac guy and it won't work for me at all. Also, as LoneWolfer mentioned, the vibration issue. While not totally an Apple issue, since Samsungs have the problem too, it would MURDER an action cam day 1. It took 1 ride to work for my 12 Pro Max to have the issue in the handlebar mount on my Tracer.

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
If apple or samsung entered the action cam market GoPro would be in serious trouble, if not completely finished.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I wonder if it will have a removable battery too?
Considering the brand, it will not be only removable, but an optional extra, worth about 1,5 kidneys.

If apple or samsung entered the action cam market GoPro would be in serious trouble, if not completely finished.
I don't think it would be finished, but it would be forced to innovate again, and advance technology instead or prices.

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
GoPro has been in the red for years, I think they may have finally turned a profit with their subscription services. But the stock price is still dropping. I think historically they’ve made some poor decisions, maybe they can get back on track this year. I heard they are soon going to have 4 different type of cameras. Hopefully one will be a smaller no frills true action cam.

Apr 6, 2018
Yes I heard about the 4 cameras coming as well. I am assuming: Session, Hero, 360, and maybe VR? That would be really something.

Out of curiosity, why do some of you guys dislike GoPro? They've been nothing but a safe bet in my experience.
You wanna talk about camera hating, pull up a seat, poor me a whiskey, and let me tell you about my piece of shit Insta360 One R lol

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
I don't mind my older GoPros, the dji osmo is just way easier to use. The GP 9/10 is a little too big to be an action cam. What's good about the GoPro is the stereo external audio input.

Apr 6, 2018
That trade off for the front facing camera though is super handy. I use my GoPro to shoot a lot of my shop how to videos. That little sucker gets covered in oil, lubricant, wd-40, you name it. I just throw it under the sink at the end of the day and she's good as new. Those babies are fantastic. Anything I could own in the shitshow of my mid 20s and not end up absolutely destroying is a tank lol.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I have a love hate relationship with GoPro, I buy their cameras, and then they are unreliable for at least a year while they use us as beta testers for their products, which sucks....
Regarding the Insta360 products, my One R has been super reliable, and is my go to 360 camera for trail riding as it is nice and rugged. I use my One X2 on tarmac.

Apr 6, 2018
Always stay 6 months behind on GoPro, I'll admit that. I never had any issues with my Hero 9 because my cheap ass wouldn't get it right when it came out lol

• Haha

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I have a love hate relationship with GoPro, I buy their cameras, and then they are unreliable for at least a year while they use us as beta testers for their products, which sucks....
Regarding the Insta360 products, my One R has been super reliable, and is my go to 360 camera for trail riding as it is nice and rugged. I use my One X2 on tarmac.
My OneX2 is a splendid thing ... just getting the hang of it.

• Love

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
I would steer well clear of an Apple action cam.

Every connector will be proprietary, iso only Apple products will be available. You'll need to buy Apple external mics etc etc.

It will last only as long as the warranty then die completely and require repalcement.

It will be EXPENSIVE as will all ist accessories.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts