Ok, Motovloggers, who knows what is happening here?

SOGGY BAWS

https://www.youtube.com/@soggybawsmoto
Nov 10, 2023
Glasgow, Scotland
I ride a
Yamaha GTS1000, KTM 390 Adv, Honda CRF1000
Both good calls, Gents.

I was firing up the laptop, on a bright sunny day, to make sure the piece to camera I had just done was acceptable before I left the area.

There was no going back for a retake.

The joys of the life of a moto content creator!!!

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Both good calls, Gents.

I was firing up the laptop, on a bright sunny day, to make sure the piece to camera I had just done was acceptable before I left the area.

There was no going back for a retake.

The joys of the life of a moto content creator!!!
Man, I completely missed there would be no trees for shade past certain height in elevation. That is pretty neat adapting to the land.

What model laptop did you use and how responsive was the screen to color changes?

Reactions: SOGGY BAWS

SOGGY BAWS

https://www.youtube.com/@soggybawsmoto
Nov 10, 2023
Glasgow, Scotland
I ride a
Yamaha GTS1000, KTM 390 Adv, Honda CRF1000
Man, I completely missed there would be no trees for shade past certain height in elevation. That is pretty neat adapting to the land.

What model laptop did you use and how responsive was the screen to color changes?
I run a Dell Inspiron 15 5000, if I remember right it was marketed as a Gaming Laptop, it was just covering the spec requirements for editing on Filmora with about 25% capacity. Was an expensive machine given my history, about £1500. I've never bought anything as fancy as that before.

It's getting a little laggy. but Ive not worked out how to correctly clean out all the Render/screenshot caches yet. I clear out the main caches after each edit, but pretty certain there is more lurking somewhere clogging it up. Thats my next task before I start my next project.

The screen's ok for reviewing, transferring and sorting content on the road, but when I edit at home, I've got a couple of screens I hook up to.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I run a Dell Inspiron 15 5000, if I remember right it was marketed as a Gaming Laptop, it was just covering the spec requirements for editing on Filmora with about 25% capacity. Was an expensive machine given my history, about £1500. I've never bought anything as fancy as that before.

It's getting a little laggy. but Ive not worked out how to correctly clean out all the Render/screenshot caches yet. I clear out the main caches after each edit, but pretty certain there is more lurking somewhere clogging it up. Thats my next task before I start my next project.

The screen's ok for reviewing, transferring and sorting content on the road, but when I edit at home, I've got a couple of screens I hook up to.
I started out with an Alienware 17" myself. Worked great until updating the OS and then the fans ran loud! I remember doing some of my early motovlogger interviews online and the machine was so noisy the other person noticed.

I still have those beast machines in my archives.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
My old school brain was thinking you were changing actual film in a camera, and needed a way to block the sun. Shading a computer screen from glare may be the 21st. century equivalent.

-Wolf
That would be a cool motovlog - running a photo gathering mission with film. Then the next episode is dropping the film off. Then another getting it back and going through the shots.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I miss those day, and the magic of watching your film when it got back from the lab. It took time, like hitting a note on a piano and waiting 3 days to hear it, but if the footage was good it was worth it.

- Wolf
I was purging some stuff here at the R-Rated lab and found 5 rolls of 35 mm from about 15 years ago. So I took them in and the place actually was able to get the images! Nothing like seeing the shots on one roll my now 20 year son took when he was 5. :)

SweetTripl

Sweet Triple
Mar 23, 2021
United Kingdom
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple R
At the top of Col de Sommelier on the Italian/French border. July 2023. Cheers, Stevie.

View attachment 6925
I thought you may have been rolling a cigarette (or something fruitier ) made me think of my youth and the inventive ways we used to try and “roll up” in bad weather conditions. disclaimer - I no longer smoke.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I was purging some stuff here at the R-Rated lab and found 5 rolls of 35 mm from about 15 years ago. So I took them in and the place actually was able to get the images! Nothing like seeing the shots on one roll my now 20 year son took when he was 5. :)

Always good to know that you can still get film developed. In a lot of the art departments where I teach they have done away with traditional dark rooms, and the chemicals used to develop B&W film, or for developing and printing B&W and color photos. Pretty much everything is done digitally where images are corrected and enhanced in programs like Photoshop and Lightroom.

It’s much faster and way cheaper, but I really miss the old school analog/chemical sessions in the dark room. Watching a photo print emerge in the darkroom is pretty magical.

- Wolf

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts