Ok Guys, Let's Talk About Something Near And Dear...money

Mustang

Wannabie Member
Feb 8, 2015
I ride a
2002 Yamaha FZ1
Oh, there are so many different ways for people to dodge taxes here, for those who have the means :( ~_~ ... and then Swiss banks - don't even get me started :p !~

Good subject for your discussion while you ride!

Reactions: RoninK6

Wanderlust

Wanderlust8760 - A German Motovlogger on Youtube
Jan 18, 2015
I ride a
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 SE
Oh, there are so many different ways for people to dodge taxes here, for those who have the means :( ~_~ ... and then Swiss banks - don't even get me started :p !~

In Germany there are so many possibilities, too, but it looks like they started a small war on Swiss banks. In the last couple of years there have been quite a few leaks and many German celebrities have been caught. But in the end, many of them just ended up paying a fine and it was all good.

Riding Japan

Wannabie Member
Feb 27, 2014
I ride a
BMW F800ST
For me, im keeping the adds off unless I grow pretty big. Its just an inconvenience to the watchers and it does not benefit me any. Unless I use add supported music, then that's another story.

stupid question, but have u TURNED the ads off? because the default setting is ON.
i ve heard this from so many that they won t monetize until the channel is big and its worth it etc. and they don t realize that the ads are on anyway xD

but i do t see the point.

youtube is a free service that is financed through advertisement. if u as a content creator get a little piece, what is the problem.

if u turn the ads of competly youtube gets nothing. if everyone turns the ads of because they are annoying. youtube will die :)

PS what bothers u about the ads? the banner you can click away easily, and the other thing is just 5 sec of your life.

and to be honest, i even watch ads from time to time, movie trailors and bike/car related stuff

Reactions: chix

Riding Japan

Wannabie Member
Feb 27, 2014
I ride a
BMW F800ST
i read online that 80% of all tax related books in the world are written in german :p

germany is nutz about taxes, bilaws and BS!

RoninK6

Rogue Samurai
May 14, 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.A.
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2006 Suzuki GSX-R600K6
YouTube will always be a money-loosing business prospect (at least it used to be)... the only reason Google keeps YouTube around still is because it's so popular. They're always trying to figure out ways to milk the cash cow... but I'm not going to be the one to help them out :p - who says you can't get a free lunch anymore now-a-days ;) ~

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
They've started pay per view movies now. I got an HD one the other night... 720p HD, i was less than impressed as I have a 1080p TV.

TheDutchTexan

Wannabie Member
Jul 2, 2013
I ride a
bicycle...
I actually briefly touched base on that very subject at the end of my last vlog. I do think people are to preoccupied with the money/views/subs aspect of things. Loosing track of why you started it in the first place (that better be fun, start it for DAT youtube cash and you'll quit real quick).

Social-blade is indeed a nice tool to get an estimation, but don't look at that high number, it is horribly inflated in my opinion. It's more towards the low end of the spectrum for me.

Runnin1ife

Wannabie Member
Nov 17, 2014
Chesapeake Virginia
I ride a
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 1991 Honda CBR 1000f
I do the actual vlog part with the intent of ranting from time to time and helping push information out that I feel may be important.
As far as any funds earned, well this is just 1 of my many ventures and I do not expect the world from youtube. I have a special needs child and if I can help just one parent near my situation, then my channel is a success.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
How much are you making( without too much privacy leakage), How many subscriptions do you have? Likes?
A couple hundred on average. 99.8k subs. Didn't count likes.

Do you do accounting for your costs? Mileage and Deductions? Costs of equipment, software, tires and maintenance? Can you write off your bike???
Nope. I use the revenue to partially supplement the bike maintenance & etc. It's not even enough for that, but it does help a little in terms of upkeep.

Can you treat your vlog like a travel writer and use their expense format?
I don't since I'm not paying tax for this. Not sure if you can.

Any accountants out there?
Not me.
Answers in line above. Doing this purely for fun, I ride because I like riding, not because I want to make videos, I just record videos since I'm riding out anyway.

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Not going to do Youtube ads much until I can expect a solid check in the inbox every other month. But with the way I live, the way I make vids and the country I live in, it's not at all reasonable to expect to make money from Youtubing.
Either way, I have to turn it into a company once I make more than $5000 and that brings a bit more hazzles.

Patreon/merch sales looks more promising to me. As I create more than just vids regularly I can rely more on that.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
yeah but still, if you buy a bike specifically for your monetized YT channel, is the cost of the bike a Tax write-off? The entire vehicle purchase?

That’s a question for a local tax advisor. If it’s part of a registered business, then it’s possible, but if you’re using it for personal use as well, then you may have to proportion the expenses, or deduct a mileage allowance when you file.

Certainly how it works here, but as a bike isn’t a commercial vehicle, then it’s trickier to do, especially if you’re not registered as a company.

Other thing to watch for is they might see it as a tax dodge as you could be lowering your normal tax as unless you’re raking in the views, you won’t be making much money, let alone enough to finance the bike.

Like I said, you need proper tax advice from your location.

TannahMae

TannahMaeMoody
Mar 22, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Yamaha TTR230 & 2007 Suzuki GSXR-600
That’s a question for a local tax advisor. If it’s part of a registered business, then it’s possible, but if you’re using it for personal use as well, then you may have to proportion the expenses, or deduct a mileage allowance when you file.

Certainly how it works here, but as a bike isn’t a commercial vehicle, then it’s trickier to do, especially if you’re not registered as a company.

Other thing to watch for is they might see it as a tax dodge as you could be lowering your normal tax as unless you’re raking in the views, you won’t be making much money, let alone enough to finance the bike.

Like I said, you need proper tax advice from your location.
Yeah I posted in the other section because I specifically say ca, USA. So I'm wondering if there's someone that lives in California as well who has asked their tax advisor. This world is small. I appreciate you trying to answer anyway tho.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
I’d say you need to ask a qualified person rather than the general public. If a professional gets it wring, you have a come back, you can’t sue “the internet”.

TannahMae

TannahMaeMoody
Mar 22, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Yamaha TTR230 & 2007 Suzuki GSXR-600
I’d say you need to ask a qualified person rather than the general public. If a professional gets it wring, you have a come back, you can’t sue “the internet”.
I don't sue. Not what I'm about. More about thirsty for the knowledge anything that anyone says is helpful, not going to base a decision off of one person. It's a well rounded part of research. Appreciate it.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts