Number plate blurring on video/photos

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
I think the simplest thing to do is just to remember not to talk about anything relevant to the video while you stand behind the bike looking at the plate, then you won't need to edit it out later! :) Or if your getting beauty shots but don't want to show the plate throw a rag over it. Personally I won't show my plate just incase, there are people out there who will report you just to get their kicks these days unfortunatley! If they are determined they will find a way to inconvenience you but there's no reason to make it easier for them!
I sometimes have a wander and only realise in post that my plate is on show haha

People will do anything out there, getting kicks from reporting people unfortunately :(

KrustyBoot

Become one with the Krustyness
Jun 8, 2020
East Anglia, UK.
I ride a
All the shit bikes! :)
I do wonder whether its a bad idea to put video of your face out onto the internet publically because with enough source material it'd be easy for someone to make a deep fake of you saying or doing things that you didn't do for the purpose of blackmailing you for example. From what I can see it still takes quite a bit of manual effort to do this convincingly at the moment but technology moves quickly and I can imagine it being relatively easy or possibly even being able to automate it on an large scale within a few years if its not happened already...

• Wow
Reactions: Pooley

Pooley

Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
I do wonder whether its a bad idea to put video of your face out onto the internet publically because with enough source material it'd be easy for someone to make a deep fake of you saying or doing things that you didn't do for the purpose of blackmailing you for example. From what I can see it still takes quite a bit of manual effort to do this convincingly at the moment but technology moves quickly and I can imagine it being relatively easy or possibly even being able to automate it on an large scale within a few years if its not happened already...
My face also receives the blurring treatment, see the Dodgem Squad week 1 video lol - people might start thinking I'm a wanted criminal hahaha

Reactions: KrustyBoot

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
My face has been out there for a to long time. No way near big enough to any risk i would assume.
And blurring license plate, the footage here is not acceptable at court unless the action was noticed by an agent on that day. In that case they can use your footage, but often that is by taking your sd as proof, and not by a youtube video.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
If someones wheel come up from hard acceleration, I'll leave it in, I've had it happen to me in many vids, not bothered about that, it is more the 12 o'clockers wheelieying for half a mile down the road that I want to try and avoid. I don't hang around with folk that do that stuff TBH, so not really an issue. I really wish I could wheely, but I can't hahaha :D

Reactions: Meifesto

KrustyBoot

Become one with the Krustyness
Jun 8, 2020
East Anglia, UK.
I ride a
All the shit bikes! :)
Surely every rider has at least tried to do a wheelie?! :p
I'm rubish at them and the last one I did was completely accidental. While I was lauching my bike from the traffic lights a little enthusiastically the clutch sort of slipped out of my fingers and the front end came right up! Then immediately after that I knocked it into neutral instead of 2nd and almost went over the handlebars. Oops! :D Probably looked like a right tit.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'm rubish at them and the last one I did was completely accidental. While I was lauching my bike from the traffic lights a little enthusiastically the clutch sort of slipped out of my fingers and the front end came right up! Then immediately after that I knocked it into neutral instead of 2nd and almost went over the handlebars. Oops! :D Probably looked like a right tit.
I must sound like a right old git! :D
I am def no saint, have been banned 3 times, I previously flipped a supermoto in the middle of town trying to be cool. If folk want to showboat, and do stunts etc, it is entirely up to them, but if the police ever knock on their door, that is also on them.And in the UK, the police will end up knocking on the door of folk who regularly post videos of them doing things that are not legal.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT

Honestly I haven't tried to do a wheelie on a motorcycle since I was riding dirt bikes in high school some 34+ years ago. I've owned a lot of cruisers and touring bikes so they aren't really suited to doing wheelies. My current Goldwing probably could do one if I tried hard enough, but I ain't doing that!

Pooley

Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
Honestly I haven't tried to do a wheelie on a motorcycle since I was riding dirt bikes in high school some 34+ years ago. I've owned a lot of cruisers and touring bikes so they aren't really suited to doing wheelies. My current Goldwing probably could do one if I tried hard enough, but I ain't doing that!
Don't know what you're on about Mengy, on my tourer the challenge is keeping the front wheel down!

...... ;)

Personally never tried to wheelie, and no interest to. As naff as it sounds, being safe is the new cool :cool:

Reactions: Moto Mengy

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
I do it for one guy thats Asked who doesn't want to be in vids and wants his plate and face blurred.

All other mates don't care. Trouble is, now I hesitate to invite him out as I either can't record or is a pain in editing.

Reactions: HippoDrone

ACW Moto

Wannabie Member
Jul 5, 2020
I ride a
02 Yahama V-Star 1100 custom
This might have been said but it's a number that can be traced back
to your address

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Same deal in Australia - members of the general public can't acces it.

We have an app here in Queensland where I can look up a number plate and it'll tell me the make/model/vin and rego expiry date but NO information regarding the owners name or address or anything like that.

@Clayton FYI the app is called "QLD Rego Check"

Reactions: HippoDrone

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Contactless payment is a real risk. In the UK people can't get any personal info from a reg plate, the most they could do is see if it is in date for tax and test and if it has been in an accident/has finance outstanding on it.

Out of interest, how do Private parking firms get your details from DVLA to send parking enforcement letters? (To make it clear, I am not referring to the government parking wardens enforcement, but the people who operate private car parks. They have written to me in the past, so clearly managed to obtain personal information from my licence plate. (Private parking agents can only issue "requests" or invoices - they design them to look like the government official parking ticket, but that a different subject.) However, they do, and can obtain personal information from a licence plate.

I wonder if it is possible to fake being a private parking operator or use one of their details to obtain information?

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
Out of interest, how do Private parking firms get your details from DVLA to send parking enforcement letters? (To make it clear, I am not referring to the government parking wardens enforcement, but the people who operate private car parks. They have written to me in the past, so clearly managed to obtain personal information from my licence plate. (Private parking agents can only issue "requests" or invoices - they design them to look like the government official parking ticket, but that a different subject.) However, they do, and can obtain personal information from a licence plate.

I wonder if it is possible to fake being a private parking operator or use one of their details to obtain information?

The info is here:

Its impossible as a private person to obtain registered keeper details from a reg number in the UK. Especially now GDPR is in force.

Could it be exploited, probably. But in reality, the likelihood of anyone doing it is miniscule.

The biggest risk is someone cloning your vehicle. And that could happen at any time to be honest.

Reactions: Pooley and City Bob

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts