Number plate blurring on video/photos

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Why do we do this? Vehicle cloning? I suppose when I was in the UK I could buy a number plate from most garages/shops that made them and they were a plenty. Is this still the case or has this procedure changed? Here in Australia they're made in WA to order, when you register your car and can only be purchased through the registrar of motor vehicles. So false plates here are rarer but not impossible.

Reactions: HRMV

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Not sure how I feel overall but consider this point and counterpoint...

Dang internet invading all our privacy!

But then again, all it takes is a local person recognizing the motovlogger to make the secret identity public.

Reactions: YBGuy

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I was more thinking along the lines of privacy when I asked the question, not giving much thought to illegal riding habits. In my crazy days, I would definitely have been better off without any number plate at all. I weren't for stopping if I could help it, until I got to my intended brew stop ;-)

Reactions: HRMV

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I've just got a cool number plate allocated to my bike and was wondering if there was any risk to posting pics/showing it on my social media.

Depends on your threshold for risk...

Crazy ex lovers?
Anyone with a grudge?
Driving issues?
Playing hookie from work?

On so on...

• Haha
Reactions: Riderguide

Raven

Adventurer
Jan 4, 2016
Louisville, KY, USA
raven.deckyon.com
I ride a
2014 Honda NC700XD
I've just got a cool number plate allocated to my bike and was wondering if there was any risk to posting pics/showing it on my social media.
if you arent being filmed doing something you'll regret if someone saw it, then nah. Bluring while filming is one thing, but anyone on the street can still see your plates and call in anything. As they said above, we all have our risk thresholds.

Reactions: R-Rated

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Depends on your threshold for risk...

Crazy ex lovers?
Anyone with a grudge?
Driving issues?
Playing hookie from work?

On so on...
Agreed, take a day off from work to go take a long needed ride. Bam, no job!

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
A secret service representative visited our school today to help our students with on line non sense. Afterward I asked him about my tags being visible in a recent video. He made it very clear that I had made a bad decision. I went home a blurred my tags. -peace

Reactions: Riderguide

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO