Not running a camera - Murphy's Law

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Things that happen when you don't have a camera.

My camera mount broke, due largely to being a poor set up, so I haven't been running a camera for a month or two.

Naturally...

Yesterday morning:

Near unprecedented dense fog and very low visibility for almost all the trip into town. (40 minute suburban/urban commute )
It was only once it got sunny that people started driving like idiots. Odd.

Last night's commute:

Leave city car park.
First corner - uber driver gradually 'creeping' the light and was literally in the middle of the intersection buy the time light turned green!

Busier than usual CBD - first km of trip caused by a 3 car nose to tail.

Followed immediately afterwards by 4 km of VERY slow stop start traffic. Thank goodness for lane filtering.

Cause of traffic jam was a 5 car nose to tail.

After that not too bad traffic but NUMEROUS red light runners & mobile phone users.

I could have made a whole 'Turds in Traffic' episode from one night. :(

Bugger shit damn.

• Wow
Reactions: Drakhen99

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Sounds like normal daily traffic. I try to avoid putting this stuff in my videos on purpose, because I myself am tired of motovlogs about stupid drivers. As if there was nothing else left to show. Why would I come on YT to see what I see every day anyway. I want to see something I can not see over here, or hear thoughts that I do not think of myself.
edit: And I get it, that at the moment you see and experience the stuff in the traffic, it could make you want to scream in your helmet and share the frustration with others, but later...

Last edited:

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Wow ... and that right there is why I record everything! I pick up the wildest stuff.

I agree with Theodor, to a point. If it's part of a larger vlog, or it pertains to the topic you're discussing, the footage can be quite handy to visualize what you're trying to say. That, or it breaks up 2 sections of a vlog with an intermission... set some quick clips of it to music and voila - transition from one topic to another!

-John

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
I just plan to upload 'turds in traffic' video a few times a year for those interested, not make it a regular feature like some of those weekly channels... It;s something that can be of interest to non motorcyclists too. OIpen their eyes a bit.

This morning I was at the LHS of my lane (the right hand lane) to avoid a pothole and some wanker overtook me IN MY PLANE on the right. I wasn't happy.....

• Wow
Reactions: Drakhen99

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts