craggle666

Wannabie Member
Aug 3, 2012
North Wales
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda CBR600
Hello everyone.
Im craggle666 from Abergele North Wales. I am interested in motovlogging but I cant vlog at the moment because by law I cant ride my bike yet. Grim or what. Well I have bought myself a beautiful Honda CBR 600f3 97 plate. I'm 21 so i'm doing the direct access at the moment. Passed by Module 1 on Thursday and have my Module 2 booked for a week on Wednesday. Hopefully once ive passed and payed off my insurance for the year I can buy myself a DriftHD or a goPRO.

A bit about me: Im born and bred in North Wales. Im 21 yoa. I dont speak welsh because my family are from the Wirral and Birkenhead and I never bothered to learn it, wish I did though. For a living i'm a apprentice bricklayer working full time, completed my level 3 bricklaying in college.
My interests are motorbikes, cars, camping(bushcraft) ,canoeing and fishing
The Bike I WILL be riding is a Honda CBR600 f3 97plate. Shes red, black and white and looks lovely. She needs a bit of TLC but is in very good condition, I've got ideas of customizing her a bit already, I want to repaint the wheels to possibly white or red. Exhaust I will be leaving alone because she has an aftermarket exhaust already. I plan to change the indicators to clear or smoked. I dislike the orange lenses and eventually I will either make or purchase a tail tidy. Cant wait to ride her as shes still in the motorbike shop. They are keeping her safe for me while I do my test and build my new bike shed.

I would like to start motovlogging once I have passed my test to share stories and random moments that occur along my journeys and mainly to meet new people. Due to being new to biking it maybe the easiest was to connect with other bikers who are not just local to my area.

craggle666

Wannabie Member
Aug 3, 2012
North Wales
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda CBR600
Hey Friz. Yeah I do remember. Its in my favourites haha. Thanks for making that video for me.
Ive had many issues getting my tests all done since then. Examiners want to strike about pensions all of a sudden :mad:

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
craggle666 said:
Hey Friz. Yeah I do remember. Its in my favourites haha. Thanks for making that video for me.
Ive had many issues getting my tests all done since then. Examiners want to strike about pensions all of a sudden :mad:

That sucks man. Hope you get it sorted soon.

craggle666

Wannabie Member
Aug 3, 2012
North Wales
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda CBR600
Friz said:
craggle666 said:

That sucks man. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks man.
Well.. My next test is booked in for the 15th. So fingers crossed.. I will be picking my bike up that day and have her to play with on the weekend :)

JoshTilley121

Wannabie Member
Jul 13, 2012
Colwyn Bay, North Wales
I ride a
A sexy little number called a Honda CB500
Hey there!

I live down the road from you in Colwyn Bay! we should go for a ride when you pass your Mod2!,
I passed my full test around a week ago and JUST won my honda CB500 on ebay :p,
I've had my whole GoPro camera setup/microphone ready for vlogging once I get the bike so we should definitely do a dual vlog or something like that one day! :)
Josh-

craggle666

Wannabie Member
Aug 3, 2012
North Wales
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda CBR600
Hey Josh.
That would be awesome!
The camera and mic is next on my list to tick off.
How much has your set up cost you? and which one did you go for? Im definitely up for a dual vlog once i'm on the road.
Congratulations on passing your test, did you do direct access?. and was it hard? Did you do your test in bangor or chester? and who did you learn with?

JoshTilley121

Wannabie Member
Jul 13, 2012
Colwyn Bay, North Wales
I ride a
craggle666 said:
Hey Josh.
That would be awesome!
How much has your set up cost you? and which one did you go for? Im definitely up for a dual vlog once i'm on the road.
Congratulations on passing your test, did you do direct access?. and was it hard? Did you do your test in bangor or chester? and who did you learn with?

Heya!
The camera was originally for skiing so I bought it on christmas day for £300 (I was desperate) its gone down loads by now :p it was the motorsports edition with the suction cup which I'm going to try on my wingmirror like Friz and some sticky mounts for my helmet, I had to get creative for the mic part because there's no hole for external mic to go into so I drilled a small hole and bought a mic for £2 on Amazon and it works!!
I did the restricted test because i'm only 18 (2 year probation now -.-) I did my test with Probike in Chester (BEST.TRAINERS.EVER) my instructor invited me to the Anglesey circuit when I pass so I'm gonna hold him to that ;) but they get you your license in like 3 weeks guaranteed! In hindsight I should have gone to Bangor because it was closer but ah well xD the Mod1 was easy as I'm sure you've found out! I was bricking it for the Mod 2 and I made several mistakes on test including which a truck reversed out on to a main road in front of me in traffic (my examiner beeped his horn at him for my benefit and told me off after but still passed me!) someone told me the examiner will be nicer than a car examiner because he want's to see more bikers on the road...ITS BLOODY TRUE!
Bit of an essay but good luck with yours!! you'll find it easy as cake trust me.
Josh-

craggle666

Wannabie Member
Aug 3, 2012
North Wales
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda CBR600
JoshTilley121 said:
craggle666 said:
Hey Josh.
That would be awesome!

Heya!
The camera was originally for skiing so I bought it on christmas day for £300 (I was desperate) its gone down loads by now :p it was the motorsports edition with the suction cup which I'm going to try on my wingmirror like Friz and some sticky mounts for my helmet, I had to get creative for the mic part because there's no hole for external mic to go into so I drilled a small hole and bought a mic for £2 on Amazon and it works!!
I did the restricted test because i'm only 18 (2 year probation now -.-) I did my test with Probike in Chester (BEST.TRAINERS.EVER) my instructor invited me to the Anglesey circuit when I pass so I'm gonna hold him to that ;) but they get you your license in like 3 weeks guaranteed! In hindsight I should have gone to Bangor because it was closer but ah well xD the Mod1 was easy as I'm sure you've found out! I was bricking it for the Mod 2 and I made several mistakes on test including which a truck reversed out on to a main road in front of me in traffic (my examiner beeped his horn at him for my benefit and told me off after but still passed me!) someone told me the examiner will be nicer than a car examiner because he want's to see more bikers on the road...ITS BLOODY TRUE!
Bit of an essay but good luck with yours!! you'll find it easy as cake trust me.
Josh-

I quite fancy myself a Drift HD. How do you save video's on the camera's? I imagine they have to be pretty big SD cards or a hard drive? Not thought about a mic yet haha.
Well with my test. I wanted to wait til I was 21 to do the direct access because I have had a car since I was 18. Now im 21 and they are changing the law in january I have to get it done asap. Im very confident with riding a bike on the road and my nerves havnt kicked in yet about mod 2. The examiners are brilliant. Very helpful and yes they do want you to pass :)
How much is your insurance on your CB500 if you dont mind me asking?

JoshTilley121

Wannabie Member
Jul 13, 2012
Colwyn Bay, North Wales
I ride a
Haha yeah the Drift would probably be a better choice weight wise, but in terms of quality; the GoPro is second to none! I have an SD card in it which stores the film but obviously it doesn't last long when you're filming in 1080p so I have to stick to 720p most of the time for a longer camera life. Yeah I also thought I'd just kick back and wait till I was 21 for DAS but I heard about the new laws like 2 months ago and panicked xD but it works out well because I'll get some good practice throughout my 3 years at Uni starting this September so by the time I'm out; my restriction is over and I can go for a CBR600 F 2011 (same as Friz..again)
I made a post on here a few days ago asking for help on insurance coz I was getting insane quotes like £9000 a year -.- But I took everyone's advice and called up for a quote rather than doing it online and I got one for £500 on my CB500, which may not be great but its still better than my £800 car insurance I pay atm :p

craggle666

Wannabie Member
Aug 3, 2012
North Wales
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda CBR600
Well I think im going to take Friz's advice with the Drift mainly for the weight advantage.
WAIT what? Your 18 and pay £800 on insurance? HOW THE HELL! What car is that for? Im 21 I have a 1.6 astra and mine costs me £802 a year with 3-4 years no claims. As for my 1997 cbr600f ive had insurance quotes for £640 cheapest fully comp. No idea how to reduce that. All because they class it as a supersports

JoshTilley121

Wannabie Member
Jul 13, 2012
Colwyn Bay, North Wales
I ride a
craggle666 said:
Well I think im going to take Friz's advice with the Drift mainly for the weight advantage.
WAIT what? Your 18 and pay £800 on insurance? HOW THE HELL! What car is that for? Im 21 I have a 1.6 astra and mine costs me £802 a year with 3-4 years no claims. As for my 1997 cbr600f ive had insurance quotes for £640 cheapest fully comp. No idea how to reduce that. All because they class it as a supersports

Haha yeah it was originally £2100 with the first year payment (ruined that 1 year of my life I kid you not) But this year I put my dad and sister on the car and it came down to £800, its a Peugeot 206 (s'been a brilliant car in honesty) Aaaah that's not a bad quote for your Honda because its fully comp, I can only look for Third party because most of the time its cheapest.

craggle666

Wannabie Member
Aug 3, 2012
North Wales
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda CBR600
JoshTilley121 said:
craggle666 said:

Haha yeah it was originally £2100 with the first year payment (ruined that 1 year of my life I kid you not) But this year I put my dad and sister on the car and it came down to £800, its a Peugeot 206 (s'been a brilliant car in honesty) Aaaah that's not a bad quote for your Honda because its fully comp, I can only look for Third party because most of the time its cheapest.

£2100 BLOODY HELL! But fair does £800 isnt bad at all for a 18 year old. As for the bike insurance my parents are highly against me going Third party fire and theft. Its really cheap for the cbr but I think ill pay a little extra money and go for the fully comp.
This week and a half wait for my test date is ripping me apart. Its a beautiful Sunday and I want to be out riding.

JoshTilley121

Wannabie Member
Jul 13, 2012
Colwyn Bay, North Wales
I ride a
craggle666 said:
JoshTilley121 said:
craggle666 said:

£2100 BLOODY HELL! But fair does £800 isnt bad at all for a 18 year old. As for the bike insurance my parents are highly against me going Third party fire and theft. Its really cheap for the cbr but I think ill pay a little extra money and go for the fully comp.
This week and a half wait for my test date is ripping me apart. Its a beautiful Sunday and I want to be out riding.

I know how you feel -_-, I'll have my gorgeous new bike by thursday but it won't be road worthy for another month or so whilst I save up for my gear and restrictor kit. Let me know how the test goes though! and once we both finally get on our bikes we can go for a ride-out ;)

craggle666

Wannabie Member
Aug 3, 2012
North Wales
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda CBR600
Mines all road worthy, taxed and MOT'ed ready to ride. Its sat in Woods Motorcycles in Abergele waiting for me to collect it. But they are letting me keep it there until I pass my test so I wont have to insure it. Its covered on there insurance. I still have alot of money to fork out. Gotta pay for insurance on the bike. Finish paying the bike off. I need to buy some new pants and my jacket isnt the best so I want a new one. Then after all that. I need to buy a camera, mic, sd cards, extra battery's. ha ha then I need some panniers the list goes on and on. haha
Does the 33bhp restriction alter the bikes performance by a lot? What exactly does it do? I've heard its just restricts the throttle. Im not too sure. But fingers crossed about my test date on the 15th. Im feeling confident about it.
Do many of your mates got bikes?

JoshTilley121

Wannabie Member
Jul 13, 2012
Colwyn Bay, North Wales
I ride a
craggle666 said:
Mines all road worthy, taxed and MOT'ed ready to ride. Its sat in Woods Motorcycles in Abergele waiting for me to collect it. But they are letting me keep it there until I pass my test so I wont have to insure it. Its covered on there insurance. I still have alot of money to fork out. Gotta pay for insurance on the bike. Finish paying the bike off. I need to buy some new pants and my jacket isnt the best so I want a new one. Then after all that. I need to buy a camera, mic, sd cards, extra battery's. ha ha then I need some panniers the list goes on and on. haha
Does the 33bhp restriction alter the bikes performance by a lot? What exactly does it do? I've heard its just restricts the throttle. Im not too sure. But fingers crossed about my test date on the 15th. Im feeling confident about it.
Do many of your mates got bikes?

Haha well you'e pretty much sorted xD my bike has road tax and MOT its just that damn insurance that needs sorting :(
I have a friend who has the Honda CB500 restricted and he says it can still do 100mph etc. and that its very torque'y even with it on, so I'm not worried about it at all (lack of power-wise) Most of my friends that have bikes only have them because of me :p most are on L plates still though, I did meet someone at my training school though and we're now friends (he only lives down the road from me in Mochdre) and I helped him choose his Suzuki SV650, but then he went and broke his shoulder mountain biking right before I get my motorbike -.- typical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts