Not open for further replies.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
gpzDave said:
Chessecake94 said:
I'm having trouble setting my featured video.

Go to your channel page, at the top right of the current featured video there will be a 'Edit' button.

Or if you don't have one allocated yet the button will probably be at the top right of the list of your videos.

I'd found that, it just wasn't working, problem solved now. I've moved out of the stone age and stopped using Internet Explorer. It works fine with safari.

OoxTruExoO

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Up my bum picking daisies
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2000 Suzuki SV650S
Me no like, but I suppose I'll get used to it... I'll have to, because no doubt they'll remove the "option" to keep the older, better version in a couple of weeks. I say "option" because they want you to believe that you have a choice, but you don't. You will be assimilated.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
I wasn't sure to begin with, but once I went on channels that hadnt changed yet they felt really outdated. I'm still not sold on the new homepage look though.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Don't understand the new homepage. Just looks difficult. Managed to find my way to my channel, but doesn't feel like mine anymore.

Everything is so enlarged it cuts off most of the useful information from the old style.

And I hate the gray background. Like, it really frustrates me. What was wrong with white?

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
You'll get used to the changes. The aim is more at keeping people watching, ie. when you watch someone's video a playlist of all their video's opens at the bottom of the page. It'll get more people watching more of your video's in one sitting, and streamline the "viewers" experience. YT are trying to make you use YT more like watching tv.

lauriejennifer

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Kawasaki KLX330sm * Keen BadBoy CX50 * Kawasaki ER-6n
Chessecake94 said:
You'll get used to the changes. The aim is more at keeping people watching, ie. when you watch someone's video a playlist of all their video's opens at the bottom of the page. It'll get more people watching more of your video's in one sitting, and streamline the "viewers" experience. YT are trying to make you use YT more like watching tv.

...but there's a reason I don't own a TV. :-/

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
I just meant more in the sense that it's easier to sit there and watch 3 hours of YT in one go.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
thunderous71 said:
One button I think is missing is a view comments for this video if you watching it on someone's channel....
You click on the video title and it takes you there

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
I like it, i think the suggestions down the side is a great thing, i've had 4 new subs since it came on, which i can only place down to it, it shows that your videos get around more :)

extreme601

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
2011 Tiger 800
I actually like how it's a feed of your sub's recent activity. I got tired of clicking x all the time :p

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
TheGardenSnake said:
can you not cilck on your Sub's to see who's joined?

Yeah. That kinda pisses me off too. I like to know who is subbed to me. I guess the only thing to do is set it up to email you when someone subscribes and then never delete the emails. I can always go back and search my emails to see who is subbed. I actually have a rule in my email that sends all new subscriber emails to a folder.

I hate the way Youtube keeps changing things. Its fine to do redesigns and evolve a bit but what I don't get is why they don't seem to listen to feedback. Each new design is like they started from scratch. They should keep features that work. It seems like every time they redesign they leave off things that worked well in the previous incarnation and add new crap that no one cares about.

LifeInDecibel

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda VFR
From what I have seen, personally I don't like it. I'm not a partner so I don't get to see what extras are available. Honestly it looks like MySpace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGlock17shooter

Wannabie Member
Nov 9, 2011
www.facebook.com
I ride a
1993 Yamaha Virago 750
The two vids Ive put up since the change arent putting up ads but all the others are... No music on em or nothing so all I can think is youtube dropped the ball somehow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts