Status
Not open for further replies.

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
Hey all

I'm pretty new to both biking and vlogging. Or in my case sometimes, just taking videos of some lovely roads in Yorkshire, UK without any vlog, in case anyone wants to visit. And please do, it's gorgeous up here.

As a noobie, I go by the handle of TheNovice, and on youtube, Paralytic Converter. I just liked the play on words and the rhyming, really.

I returned to biking after a 20-odd year absence, and have not yet passed my test, planning to do so this summer. I ride a Piaggio Fly 125 scooter, mainly used for the commuter run between Harrogate and Leeds in Yorkshire, and I love the fact that irrespective of traffic, I get to work within 35 minutes of leaving home.

I work in an office in the centre of Leeds, and spend a lot of my time thinking about how much I'd prefer to be out on my bike, or doing something else, but I can't really complain, as work does get pretty interesting at times (international healthcare).

If anyone's seen any of my vlogs, they will already realise what a totally boring git I am. I've never been one to talk much, and certainly not the "wanting fame or limelight" type, so I like youtube anonymity, but occasionally I can show my side of things while just bumbling along on my scooter. I started watching youtube videos of vloggers, noticed most were in London, and can understand why it is so interesting to vlog from there. But being on a small bike in Yorkshire, it's a different perspective - instead of blasting past cars, most of them blast past me, and some without too much space to spare and at strange times. I wanted a camera for my own safety reasons at first, and then got a little more adventurous and started talking. Rubbish at first, come across as a complete idiot. Maybe still am.

I use a Drift HD170 Stealth, connected to my old open-face helmet, and drag the microphone under the clippable foam insides so it's pretty well set up.

My channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/ParalyticConverter

and I'd love a few more views!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts