Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
As you know, this is a forum that helps motovloggers gain more exposure.

However it's always been a fine line of people promoting their channel and spamming. Many people in the past have taken the, well, piss!

We only allow video only posts to go into the 'Post your Videos' section unless it's a guide that has content within the posts etc.

When we stopped people spamming we did notice that some members left Motovlog. We're not that fussed about that to be honest, see you later. Now the forum has really picked up and overall it's a far better website with some great interaction.

One of the reasons was due to the 'Top Posters' reward. This has had a massive impact on the forum and it's something that we've enjoyed watching. I am well aware that some people bump posts for the sake of it but it seems to have died down A LOT - New toy and all that.

Going forwards (a test run).. Anyone who wins the monthly poster title will now have a video from their channel embedded into the sidebar of motovlog. This is hopefully a back scratch reward for you taking part into the forum, you then get a LOT of promotion on your videos. Your video will stay in the sidebar for that month

As said, this is a test run for the next couple of months.

I will say - If you post whore for the sake of it then we will remove you from that winning spot!

Last edited:

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Nice initiative!

Where can I view more details about what the top posters reward is (I never knew one previously existed!) and how they are chosen?

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Nice initiative!

Where can I view more details about what the top posters reward is (I never knew one previously existed!) and how they are chosen?

IN the sidebar you'll see top posters, this updates every 40 minutes or so. At the end of the month the 'top poster' is presented in the sidebar for the month.

Now I'll embed the winners video in the sidebar. At the moment it has mine so I can test the results

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Thank you kindly.

I always browse through "New Posts", which I have as a favourite so I haven't seen the sidebar before.

Reactions: dandoolittle

monkeystrada

Wannabie Member
Aug 15, 2013
UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring / Suzuki GSXR1000 (K7)
Took me fooking ages to realise where the music was coming from.

I knew it was a youtube video i had watched recently as i recognised the music so i was going crazy refreshing/closing my youtube tabs and the music kept going!!

Well done Dan you successfully annoyed/confused me for a good 3 minutes there! ;)

Reactions: dandoolittle

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Took me fooking ages to realise where the music was coming from.

I knew it was a youtube video i had watched recently as i recognised the music so i was going crazy refreshing/closing my youtube tabs and the music kept going!!

Well done Dan you successfully annoyed/confused me for a good 3 minutes there! ;)

What browser are you using? It shoudn't play sound

hungabustavlogs

Wannabie Member
Aug 25, 2014
Standing creepily behind you...
I ride a
CRF 150 R Expert

CRF 450 X
It's a great idea but honestly it's already driving me nuts on chrome W8.
The number of times I've heard the start of that music...
As soon as the sound doesn't autoplay I think it will be awesome :)

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Thanks for that, althogh I've grown to like that tune now :p

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Are certain forums excluded from the total count, such as the welcome new members and post your video threads?

I could easily boost my count by something like 40-50 posts by just saying welcome to all the new members in a month, but I intentionally don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts