New tent time

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
Do you guys have any good recommendations for tank bags? Something not too big or too tall. Riding a sportbike so I'm not sure if its going to obstruct my body position.

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
New tent! Exciting! So I had to set it up and check it out! Off motocamping in a couple of weeks and my old tent had died!

Inspired by Her Two Wheels and As The Magpie Flies to get out there and lose myself in nature.

View attachment 5322

Cool stuff! Any pics of it all packed down? How much does it weigh?
Do you use an air mattress?

Sorry for the quick fire question round! lol

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
Do you guys have any good recommendations for tank bags? Something not too big or too tall. Riding a sportbike so I'm not sure if its going to obstruct my body position.

Some of the taller ones might force you into an odd position. But both Oxford and Givi do a range of tank bags of various sizes to suit, from little more than a pouch big enough for phone, keys and essentials up to rucksack sized. The Oxford Lifetime luggage is an absolute bargain secondhand in my opinion.

Mosko stuff is also worth looking at.

#notspon :D

Cool stuff! Any pics of it all packed down? How much does it weigh?
Do you use an air mattress?

Sorry for the quick fire question round! lol

No pics to hand, but I will grab some soon. But effectively its a rolled pack 500mm long and 180mm diameter. Its a 3 person tent, so comfortable for 2 plus gear. Its 4.8kg packed.

I do use an air mattress, just a cheapo one, and I am lazy so have a pump which connects to the auxiliary power on my bike.

Reactions: CafeBrakes

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I am always amazed when I hear people find enough room for tents on their bikes. I have enough trouble fitting one sleeping bag, suitable for our weather, in my side case. I opted for water and bug proof bivy bag instead. Have used it few times too.

Reactions: HippoDrone

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
Some of the taller ones might force you into an odd position. But both Oxford and Givi do a range of tank bags of various sizes to suit, from little more than a pouch big enough for phone, keys and essentials up to rucksack sized. The Oxford Lifetime luggage is an absolute bargain secondhand in my opinion.

Mosko stuff is also worth looking at.
Thanks for this, I'm going to look into it and keep you updated about it! Thanks

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I love motoclamping. Get out there and get lost in the woods!

I tend to use my hammock set up for motocamping rather than a tent. I also have a Stansport pup tent though that packs up small enough that I take that with me incase there isn't a couple of trees properly spaced to hang the hammock and tarp. I use a large military duffle to pack everything into and ran that setup for years off the back of my Harley Sportster. Now that I have a Harley Switchback with bags I have so much extra space, but still use the ruck sack to pack all the camping stuff into as I do some camping in places where I have to hike into the woods about a half mile from where I park the bike. Makes it easier to get the bulk of it where I need it in one trip.

Here a re a few picks of the setup from my wife's first motocamping trip with me from the summer.

IMG_4386.JPG

IMG_4337.JPG

I picked up the Coleman Magnetic Motorcycle Tank Bag off amazon and it has worked very well and is pretty inexpensive. Its not very large and holds my flashlight, wallet, charging cables, hand sanitizer, sunblock, gum and bug spray easily. The top part, the map window, isn't very useful for putting a phone in because the phone overheats quickly, but I have a handlebar mount if I want to have my phone visible for directions which is rare. I don't like the distraction. You can see the tank bag on both bikes in the above pics as I swapped it between them so that my wife could see if she liked it on the Orange Sportster or not.

burnout72

Wannabie Member
Sep 22, 2020
I ride a
CRF1000L and whatever on 2 wheels
I like that too! I recently started to explore the moto camping experience and was awesome. Even though that wild camping in my country is not fully legal ( it is, in some places but from 8PM-8AM ). There are though camping areas which are not that expensive compared to a hostel.
I'm still "training" what do I need to carry, how to pack it, how much time takes to settle.... all in all really nice experience.

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
I picked up the Coleman Magnetic Motorcycle Tank Bag off amazon and it has worked very well and is pretty inexpensive. Its not very large and holds my flashlight, wallet, charging cables, hand sanitizer, sunblock, gum and bug spray easily. The top part, the map window, isn't very useful for putting a phone in because the phone overheats quickly, but I have a handlebar mount if I want to have my phone visible for directions which is rare. I don't like the distraction. You can see the tank bag on both bikes in the above pics as I swapped it between them so that my wife could see if she liked it on the Orange Sportster or not.

Thanks for this. I'm looking into alot of tank bags and did come across a few magnetic ones. I fear that it would fall off my bike. It seems for the most part that it holds on pretty well. I was looking for one that attaches onto the gas cap but I might actually pick this one up now. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: motosera

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
Wow, looks great, also jealous of how green the landscapes are. Also, cool to see someone using a big storage box on their sport bike. It is possible. : )

Reactions: motosera

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
Wow, looks great, also jealous of how green the landscapes are. Also, cool to see someone using a big storage box on their sport bike. It is possible. : )

Yeah, I have full luggage for the Blackbird - 35 litre panniers plus a 40 litre top box, so have 110 litres of storage on the bike. Enough to take all camping gear and clothes etc for a few days away. Or longer if I can wash stuff!

• Love
Reactions: YBGuy

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts