Feedback Needed New Motovlogger - Feedback Wanted :)

TheViking

The Viking Biker
Mar 21, 2018
Bedfordshire, UK
www.TheVikingBiker.co.uk
I ride a
Harley Davidson Sportster Iron 883
Hi Guys,
I'm very new to Motovlogging and have not long created my channel, I have a couple of videos up already but would love your feedback and comments (anything that will help me to improve)
Heres my first motovlog...

Thanks!

Reactions: HippoDrone

TWWaffle

Waffles
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
m.youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Zx6r/2008 Sportster 1200
First thing I'd suggest is lowering the background music or eliminating it entirely. It's a weird brain notion to want to "tune in" to the song because of the volume it's at vs listen to what you're saying.

lol it is a strange experience talking to yourself xD. I understand that completely, and I think I'm quite crazy sometimes. But it's true because I am lol.

Another preference - possibly cutting out "dead" time entirely, unless the video is primarily showcasing a specific landscape or location.

Practice makes perfect for sure though. You'll get better as you watch your own videos at a later point and make changes according to what you think would work or flow better.

Last tip: KEEP IT FUN! I know of some guys who drained themselves and burned themselves out because the video shooting/vlogging/editing process became more of "work" rather than sharing and "fun". Cheers! Keep the rubber side down \m/

Reactions: HippoDrone

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Enjoyed it. I'm not sure on the music personally but its not distracting so you could get away with keeping it in. Your bossing the thumbnail. Given a sub

BeardGiant

The Bearded Giant
Apr 4, 2018
Oregon, USA
I ride a
Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
I am new to this forum and a beginning moto vlogger as well, my feed back: bike sounds great, your voice volume is a bit low, really enjoyed the scenery, amazing thumbnail, and overall a good first video in my opinion.

TheViking

The Viking Biker
Mar 21, 2018
Bedfordshire, UK
www.TheVikingBiker.co.uk
I ride a
I am new to this forum and a beginning moto vlogger as well, my feed back: bike sounds great, your voice volume is a bit low, really enjoyed the scenery, amazing thumbnail, and overall a good first video in my opinion.

Thanks! I really appreciate your feedback.
out of interest did you watch my latest video? how do you think that compares with the voice volume?

Thanks!

Reactions: BeardGiant

BeardGiant

The Bearded Giant
Apr 4, 2018
Oregon, USA
I ride a
Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
Thanks! I really appreciate your feedback.
out of interest did you watch my latest video? how do you think that compares with the voice volume?

Thanks!
I just watched your latest video and the sound has improved, a better balance between voice and motor. I also joined your channel, you have a relaxed way with your speech.

TheViking

The Viking Biker
Mar 21, 2018
Bedfordshire, UK
www.TheVikingBiker.co.uk
I ride a
I just watched your latest video and the sound has improved, a better balance between voice and motor. I also joined your channel, you have a relaxed way with your speech.
Thanks! That’s great to hear, I’m still working on tweaking my mic placement and will also try to play with my sound settings but glad to know my audio is improving :)

Thanks for the sub!

Reactions: BeardGiant

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Finally got around to watching it. Couple of things I noticed.

You say “um” a lot, and I mean a real lot. You can do one of two things. Be concious of it and try not to (which gets easier with time). Or edit it out. If your going to edit it you get that good at it you get to know what the sound wave looks like and just cut it out.

As for the music. Just make sure it’s not detracting from anything. I use it in some videos and not in others. However I really cut out almost all the spots where I’m not speaking.

Also remember as a new rider you need to put riding first and motovlogging second. It takes some practice to get the hang of riding and committing everything to muscle memory so just be aware of what you are doing.

Good luck with more videos. Be interesting to find out what you think of the 883.

TheViking

The Viking Biker
Mar 21, 2018
Bedfordshire, UK
www.TheVikingBiker.co.uk
I ride a
Finally got around to watching it. Couple of things I noticed.

You say “um” a lot, and I mean a real lot. You can do one of two things. Be concious of it and try not to (which gets easier with time). Or edit it out. If your going to edit it you get that good at it you get to know what the sound wave looks like and just cut it out.

As for the music. Just make sure it’s not detracting from anything. I use it in some videos and not in others. However I really cut out almost all the spots where I’m not speaking.

Also remember as a new rider you need to put riding first and motovlogging second. It takes some practice to get the hang of riding and committing everything to muscle memory so just be aware of what you are doing.

Good luck with more videos. Be interesting to find out what you think of the 883.
Thanks Lupin,
Some great feedback and things to work on.
I did notice than I said um a lot, and hopefully my later uploads are slightly better.

And I’ll be doing a review of the 883 shortly and some modification videos of a few changes I’ve made.

I’d appreciate your views on my newer motovlogs and any improvements if any :)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts