New Licences from 2013, 3 tests to full power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SqueakyBrakes12

Wannabie Member
Nov 29, 2011
Wolverhampton (UK)
I ride a
2003 Honda CBR600F
Sinnis Stealth (125cc)
Friz said:
Getting back to the topic, these laws are rediculous.

Everyone who can do their bike test this year, should. You won't be effected by the new laws.

I've got my test within the next 10 days and due to being 19 I'll be on a restricted licence under the rules as it stands, I can ride any size bike and power bike after these 2 years. As the rules are due to change this time next year will this corrupt the 2 year restriction or does it not affect me and continues as normal?

I really don't like this change it takes too long and costs too much money for anyone to get a licence, I feel that theres going to be too many future bikers out off.

WE CANNOT LET THE CARS OWN OUR ROADS!!! Haha

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
You'll follow the old rules if you do the test before the change.

Its high up people knowing they can't ban bikes off the road without massive backlash, so they make it as hard as possible for people to get them in the first place.

Biking is rediculously maginised as it is, bike shops are closing everywhere as everyone is loosing money and I blame a lot of it on this and other people lying about how unsafe biking is.

ElliotReidMD

Wannabie Member
Aug 6, 2011
Bucks, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys
Exactly. I wonder, in the history of motorbikes, how many riders have ever had to say SMIDSY to a car driver?

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
ElliotReidMD said:
Exactly. I wonder, in the history of motorbikes, how many riders have ever had to say SMIDSY to a car driver?

Perhaps just after punching one in the face??

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Reading through MCN, it seems like this is a done deal all ready. I thought it was just a proposal, hence some of the things I said earlier. Also surprised that the biking world seems to have accepted this without a fight, or at least those with some power in the biking world.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
It's like when they changed the test to add mod 1 and 2 in 2009. Not really much anyone can do now.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
It was only at the start of this year, they changed the test to get more people into biking. Major U turn.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
From what I've seen, our government is trying to help bikers.
The change they made to the test was just because people were hurting themselves pushing the bikes too hard around that swerve in Mod 1.
Its the EU thats bringing all these big changes in. If the EU wants it, we have to follow :(

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Friz said:
Its the EU thats bringing all these big changes in. If the EU wants it, we have to follow :(

This is true,

2011, 80% Pass Rate
2012, 45% Pass Rate

They will think twice about leaving it. & may revert back to the MOD 1 & 2

Just figures, they don't repesent the actual figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts